Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is it tacky to ask for this for your birthday?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:56 PM
  • 60 Replies

Everyone keeps asking me what i want for my birthday and i decided I really want to get my first tattoo.. now would it be tacky to tell people who ask what to get me that they can give me money towards that?

Part of me says YES and Part of me says no because they are asking what to get me... idk

No bashing please

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeAmour
by Tonya on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM
I mean they're asking you....it's not like you're just throwing it out there for them to hint at.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Yup.
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
No. That's what I wanted. That's what I'm getting tomorrow. I think.
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:58 PM

not if its family and they are asking, but hey in our family we always ask eachother what we want, my birthday is coming up my family is giving me money towards a gym membership, I really dont need anything else so why not.

RoryPond
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
This, seriously what do people expect when they ask an adult " what do you want for your birthday?"

Quoting BeAmour:

I mean they're asking you....it's not like you're just throwing it out there for them to hint at.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
If I asked someone what they wanted for their birthday and they said a tattoo I would probably say something like, "Oh that's cool!." but I would not offer to help pay for it and would think it's kind of strange for someone to ask to help pay for it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:59 PM
If its family or super close BFF I guess you could say you are just thinking of getting a tattoo for yourself. The hint would suffice maybe?
That's tricky territory.
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I see nothing wrong with it. If they ask what you want, you can tell them that funds to your first tattoo would mean more than anything. They all contribute(d) to something permanent that in and of itself means a lot to you. 

A few years ago that was my Christmas gift- funds for a tattoo I really wanted.

Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:07 AM
I think it's fine. Dh said that a couple years ago and his friend gave him $100.
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Not at all!

I hate when people ask what I want for birthdays/Christmas, because honestly, I don't want for very much, y'know? So family usually just gives me cash...it works better that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN