Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you do the same thing?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

If you lived at home still with a relitive with your chldren would you move out right away? An ex friend of mine still is living at her relitives house. She has two children, hasnt gotten in a job since her first child was born 6 years ago and doesnt help out at all. She relys on childsupport and welfair and is more worried about going out and having her own life then even raising her children. She just dumps her kids off where ever she gets an offer. The problem i have though is recently she got a hud home and could have moved in and been on her own, but the problem was she couldnt bring her two animals. Since it's a government owned home they dont want animals. Well insted of finding homes for her pets she decided not to take the home. She lives in one room with three children. If it where me i would have taken that home in a heartbeat. I am sorry but your love for your pets should never be more then your love for your childrens well being.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MotherLady
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:00 AM
I can't read it because of the font. But what I did get it sounds like its none of your business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:06 AM

She was offered a HUD home by the government. She turned it down because she couldent bring her pets. The problem though is she has been living at a relatives for 6yrs hasnt been working, lives off welfair and child support and on top of that her and her three kids share one tiny room. I was just wondering if you where offered a home for your children and yourself with no payments pretty much would you take it if you couldnt have pets.

Quoting MotherLady:

I can't read it because of the font. But what I did get it sounds like its none of your business.

MotherLady
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:12 AM
I still think its none of your business nor mine.

I don't know if I would do it or not. It would be a hard decision to make.

Quoting Anonymous:

She was offered a HUD home by the government. She turned it down because she couldent bring her pets. The problem though is she has been living at a relatives for 6yrs hasnt been working, lives off welfair and child support and on top of that her and her three kids share one tiny room. I was just wondering if you where offered a home for your children and yourself with no payments pretty much would you take it if you couldnt have pets.

Quoting MotherLady:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:20 AM
Yes, I would also have a job.
krissy920
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:26 AM

her family sound like enablers do they know she turned down a hud home?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:29 AM

I think the animals could have stayed at their current location when the family moved.  I am sure the relative would not mind animals if it meant the family was in a different location.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:30 AM
I agree with MotherLady. It's really none of your business. It's her family her decision. Just because it's not how you would do it doesn't mean you get to worry about what she does.

Quoting MotherLady:

I still think its none of your business nor mine.

I don't know if I would do it or not. It would be a hard decision to make.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MotherLady:

Fartinator
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:42 AM
I lived with my mom until my oldest was 3, but I worked and paid rent and also bought food. My mom wouldn't put up with it if I didn't. It sounds like the family needs to put their foot down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:08 AM
I cant read it because of the font.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:15 AM
While she should have a job and be helping out her and her kids have a place to live.

Chances are is I wouldn't leave my dogs either.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)