Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feel like black people...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 163 Replies

Not every black person obviously, but the ones who use the past (slavery) as a reason to portray bitterness towards whites. Do you feel like they are exploiting their ancestor's history for their own gain?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MotherLady
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:30 AM
39 moms liked this
I don't know if I should participate in this conversation. I am lily white!

However, I'm not ashamed of my opinion.

I think that all races/creeds/etc should let go of the past. If it didn't effect you personally, don't speak about what you don't know.

I don't whine and complain that women once couldn't vote. I'm just thankful for the women who made it so I can. It would be disrespectful for me to act like that was my battle.

I think it's the same in other situations too.
autodidact
by Snarknado on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:32 AM
1 mom liked this

no

MomTiara19
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:38 AM
31 moms liked this

I do not blame white people for slavery no more than some whites should blame blacks for all crimes committed. We need to all stop playing the blame game,pointing fingers,being insensitive and making general assumptions. Lets move forward....without bitter but better attitudes.

Fartinator
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:38 AM
I've never thought about it that way, but you make a good point.
Women have been treated badly forever but I don't hear any complaining about it. Most are thankful that times have changed.

Quoting MotherLady:

I think that all races/creeds/etc should let go of the past. If it didn't effect you personally, don't speak about what you don't know.

I don't whine and complain that women once couldn't vote. I'm just thankful for the women who made it so I can. It would be disrespectful for me to act like that was my battle.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:40 AM
Its good to know history but its not good to relive history. I think every African American of every age should know White & Black history but, with that said seperating blacks and whites and treating blacks the way we do isn't helping. Black colleges? The fact the a black person can get a job or a scholarship solely because of their color? We need to move past this because its not helping anyone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:41 AM
I agree with you. I have never heard a women complain about this time that we weren't allowed to vote. I don't even know what we would do something so absurd.

Quoting MotherLady:

MotherLady
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:42 AM
This is my point. Move forward. Our ancestors tried to better out lives. Not so we would have their struggle to use as our crutch, but so we could make our future even better by choosing our own battles!

Quoting MomTiara19:

I do not blame white people for slavery no more than some whites should blame blacks for all crimes committed. We need to all stop playing the blame game,pointing fingers,being insensitive and making general assumptions. Lets move forward....without bitter but better attitudes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:42 AM
Yes, I do.

I guess another question is why they think its ok to complain about it.
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:42 AM

Yes

TaughtTot
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:45 AM

I feel like most people exploit their ancestry for their own gain or nobody would have stayed on this continent who wasn't a native.  

So Idk and Idc

I just know I don't do it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured