Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They refused to see me

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:52 AM
  • 282 Replies
I was 30 mins late for my doctor's appointment yesterday and they refused to see me. Last week my ds had an appointment with the same Doc and we got there early, only to wait over 2 hours to be seen and the doc was in and out, within 15 mins. That is the reason why I'd rather go to the emergency room whenever I get the chance. I only needed a ppd test, so the er wasn't an option and the test only takes 10 seconds to do, so it was stupid for them to refuse me. That office will never get business from me again, that's for sure.
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:54 AM
6 moms liked this
That's the way it goes. Most drs will turn you away if you're 10-20 mins late. Be on time.
unspecified42
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:54 AM
12 moms liked this
Good. I'm sure they're glad you won't return!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southern.momof2
by Pirate on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:56 AM
2 moms liked this
Most offices have this policy.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:56 AM
6 moms liked this

30 min late is really late for a Drs Appt. So if you never go back, trust me they're not going to miss you!

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:57 AM
5 moms liked this

Good nor should they! It is because of people like you that they fall behind.  Seriously you are going to the ER for anything since it is $500 to just walk in the door even with insurance so good try. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Don't be late, easy way to avoid being refused. It's rude of you to expect them to see you after you had disregard for their time and schedule. 

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:58 AM

so be on time next time. common sense.

kimsamomof3
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Most doctors offices now have that policy. But what pisses me off is that I have had to wait hours while at the pediatricans office. Like 2-3 hours. But that's ok with them.
Josie_P
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Quoting notjstasocermom:

so be on time next time. common sense.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Most offices have this policy and some have a policy where they charge you for being late/missing an appointment. If all you needed was a ppd why didn't you go to the health department? That's where I go for all immunizations and ppd test.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)