Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Need help with Christmas gift ideas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

We don't really set an amount we spend on our 2 boys 9 and 6 (almost 7) but last year we got them each a laptop (no judgment they aren't on it alot plus it's good practice) so they could play on their own instead of adding icons and such on ours, and a few other other things... well this year we have no ideas, my youngest is into toys but not so much and my oldest never plays with toys. They have pretty much every board game or game system and games to with them over the years...HELP!!! PLEASE lol

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM
4 moms liked this

that's what happens when you buy them everything before the age of 10

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:56 AM

If you don't even know what your own children would like, how would you expect complete strangers to?

Pay attention and listen to them and maybe they will tell you what they want. 

susannah2000
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:56 AM

sounds like they have too much stuff already.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Annual passes to the zoo.  I hear there's a ps4 coming out, and a new Xbox, why not get those?  Bicycles?

ddhb2007
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Stop buying them crap, and give them an experience instead.  Take them on a vacation of some kind.  Take them to the beach, mountains, museum, play, concert, road trip, national park, monument, etc.  They'll always be able to look back at an experience, where toys are outgrown and discarded.

SyllabaryBisque
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM

So what if your kids have a lot of stuff? My God, it's still Christmas. Lol

The Xbox One will be coming out around November. I'm throwing my vote for that. :)

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM

A new xbox? Really? Maybe DH will get that for Christmas.

Quoting Anonymous:

Annual passes to the zoo.  I hear there's a ps4 coming out, and a new Xbox, why not get those?  Bicycles?

Alayna - Wife to Sanjay and mommy to Anjali

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Get them special interest toys like if one of them is into trains, start an open train track. Or maybe one is into astronomy and look into getting a nice telescope. An open end gift from a hobby store means that you will have more gift options in the future too. 

HOTMOMMY2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Wow I'm sorry how about an amazon card to buy books that they can read on their very own lap tops.  Or maybe a family (year pass) gift to a local museum or aquarium.  Do your sons not play with Legos.  Wow that is major family time in my house my 13, 7 and 2 year old boys all love playing Legos and I join in as much as I can.  We have a hugh bin and we're still collecting and my sister always asks why so many don't you have enough? Nope never enough Legos!

2kids2dogs2cats
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Are they into music?  I would see if they would enjoy learning how to play an instrument, also as someone else said maybe bikes, or a trampoline?  Air hockey or a pool table?  Maybe you could get something small and give them a vacation?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)