Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

wwyd...non family member posted fb pictures of your kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 255 Replies
So dh and i used to be friends with the woman who is friends with bil and sil. Bil/sil had a huge falling out with dh and i. The friend deleted us from fb. Well she has 6 pictures posted of my kids. Dh and i agreedwith the fact that we werent comfortable with the pictures first being posted, but since we were "friends" overlooked it. I sent her a message sat night asking her to please take any pictures of my childreb down as for whatever reason she no longer is friends with dh and i. Last night she responds with "no". Then changed her profile pic to my kids. The pictures do have my niece in them and i have a feeling she asked sil what to do and sil told her to leave them. I have reported the photos to fb, but fb says they arent violating anything and they wont remove them. What elae can i do? I dont want pictures of my kids on some random bitches fb page!

*ETA when the pictures were taken i was told they were just going to be text to me and sil. No big deal. They are cute pics. At the time i wasnt friends with her on fb. About a month or so later she sent me and dh a friend request. This was when i found out they were there. I told dh i wasnt ok with it but he said to leave it alone as we had been fighting with his brother and sil and this is their best friend. I left it alone because he asked me to. Well when we had our blow out fight, apparently the friend ended up deleting us as friends. So i was never comfortable with her having the pictures and was never told they would be on fb.

*ETA 2: when these pics were taken, it was the second time i had met her. The first time, we had all had a conversation in general about pictures of kids being posted by people who werent the parent without the parents consent and we all agreed that it wasnt acceptable. It was in referance to paperwork bil/sil had to fill out at their dd daycare regarding pictures veing taken and posted on facebook or used for advertising. She knew where i stood. As i stated before, out of respect for my dh i did not address it when i found them. Even he now agrees we shoukd have, but we cant go back. The bottom line is they are pictures of my children and she was asked to take them down and has refused. That does not make me petty. Petty is her changing her profile picture to one of MY children.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:57 AM
4 moms liked this

report them to FB

PrissyAnne
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM
11 moms liked this
Then don't let random bitches take or have pictures of your kids.
alc4evermom
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't like people posting pictures of my kid

JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM
OP, said she already did.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

report them to FB

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:00 AM
8 moms liked this
Quit being petty and she'll get over being petty and change it eventually. If you "weren't comfortable with it" before but didn't make an effort to change it before, then what's to be gained by changing it now, other than proving a point to your non-friend? The pics have already been archived in Google, unless you can scrub the images from the Internet then your kids are out there for the world to see anyway.
tardistraveller
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:00 AM
8 moms liked this

Report them again explaining that they are your children's pictures and they are misusing them.

Arwynn
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM
9 moms liked this
I have run into this before. The person received a letter from a friend of mine who acts as my attorney when necessary. (she is an actual attorney) The pictures were removed.

Tell fb they violate your privacy and that you dont know the person who took them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
They were taken at a family function. What am i going to do? Take her phone and delete the pictures? Be realistic. I didnt sit here and say "sure take pics of my kids and post them on fb". Everyone knows im very careful about what i post, pictures included. She knew we werent comfortable with it and did it anyways.

Quoting PrissyAnne:

Then don't let random bitches take or have pictures of your kids.
An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this
Nothing you can do. If they aren't breaking any of facebook's guidelines, they are also not breaking any laws. She's the owner of the photo legally so you can't do anything with that. Sorry.
christina0607
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:02 AM
18 moms liked this

You're being petty. Which is why she changed her pic to your kids, because this is all juvenile. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)