Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I bring you FALL!!! Yum open this...open this. YOU will be glad.

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

FOOD

A Taste of Fall: Caramel Spiced Pumpkin Parfait 

â€“ 0 COMMENTS

(Chad A Elick)

It is the beginning of September and all I can think of is fall.  Cooler temperatures, baking, casseroles, pumpkin and spices are swirling in my mind.  I have already started buying fall supplies.  Pumpkin, apples, pie making supplies, fresh spices and nuts filled my shopping cart this weekend.  When I got home from shopping I couldn’t help myself.  I had to start whipping up a pumpkin treat.

We love trifles and parfaits around here.  Perfectly portioned individual dishes with layer upon layer of our favorite fall flavors.  These parfaits start off with a cookie layer that is created with graham crackers, sugar, spice and butter.  The next layer is a fantastic creamy spiced pumpkin mousse which is topped with a brown sugar whipped cream and drizzled with caramel.  It is truly a taste of fall.

Just 10 ingredients and 30 minutes stand between you and this scrumptious treat.  Pumpkin, caramels, graham crackers, cream cheese, heavy cream, brown sugar, butter and 3 fall spices are in these autumn delights.   Munchkin and I each devoured our parfaits.

Note: When making these for kids, use a 4 ounce glass or plastic cup.

With love from our Simple Kitchen to yours!

Caramel Spiced Pumpkin Parfait

By 
  • SERVES

• ACTIVE TIME

• TOTAL TIME

INGREDIENTS

Caramel Sauce:

• 1 (11-oz) bag vanilla caramels, unwrapped
  • ½ cup heavy cream

Pumpkin Mousse:

• 4 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (15-oz) can pure pumpkin, (not pie filling)
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • ⅛ tsp ground ginger
  • ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg

Brown Sugar Whipped Cream:

• 2 cups heavy cream
  • ¼ cup brown sugar, packed

Cookie Layer:

• graham cracker sheets
  • 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 2 Tbsp brown sugar

DIRECTIONS

1. Prepare caramel sauce: Place unwrapped caramels and cream in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted. Stop microwave and stir every 30 seconds. Once you have a smooth mixture, set aside to cool.

2. Prepare Mousse: Combine ingredients in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Place in refrigerator while you prepare the remaining ingredients.

3. Prepare Whipped Cream: In a tall bowl whip cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add brown sugar and whip until stiff peaks form (when you lift mixer out of bowl, cream stands up on the end of the beater). Place in refrigerator while you prepare the next layer.

4. Prepare Cookie Layer: In a small bowl combine ingredients, smash graham crackers with a fork. Continue mashing until you have one cohesive mixture.

5. Assemble: Add a heaping tablespoon of cookie mixture to trifle dish. Add a heaping tablespoon of mousse. Add a heaping tablespoon of whipped cream. Pour 2 tablespoons of caramel sauce into dish. Repeat layers. Drizzle final caramel layer on top of trifle for spectacular presentation.

6. Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!

COOK'S NOTE

Shortcut suggestions: Substitute a jar of caramel sauce and container of whipped topping to create a shortcut version of this fabulous treat.

KITCHEN COUNTER

Serves 4.

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Holy shit that looks good.
mamaof2boys816
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Mmmm
NeverTooMany
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! These will noe be added to the menu for my fall party falling_leaves

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Yummy BUMP!

JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM

BUMP!

glorytojehovah
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I love caramel!

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

YUM! Bt damn, did she have to make it so messy and let it run down the glass??? lol.

Im ready for fall, for the first time ever. I made my first pumpkin roll the other day.. too friggen delicious. I should have made two!

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:57 AM
I want to try my hand at a homemade pumpkin pie this year. I love fall, its the end of summer ^_^
JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:58 AM

OCD? haha

Quoting JDmommyJD:

YUM! Bt damn, did she have to make it so messy and let it run down the glass??? lol.

Im ready for fall, for the first time ever. I made my first pumpkin roll the other day.. too friggen delicious. I should have made two!

mamasaurusRex
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Fall: the season when I have to remind retailers I hate pumpkin :-(

I love caramel though. That picture looks scrumptious, pumpkin or not.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)