Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dh is terrified, and I don't blame him.

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:41 AM
  • 112 Replies
Last week, a friend of ours had a show. (He's a local hip hop artist.) He had convinced dh to finally go to one of his shows because we've never gone to one due to the fact that the club he always plays at is in the worst part of town. Anyways, the day after the show, dh found out that some guy with a machete was walking around the area at that time. When the police finally picked him up (people had been calling all night abut him), he told them that he was out "hunting white boys".
Dh has been freaking out. He was supposed to walk home after the show, but a coworker gave him a ride. He keeps saying that if he had walked, he would've encountered him and would have probably been the next victim on the news. We've had about 9 murders in our town in the last 2 months.
He wants to move out of state, and I support him. We just have no clue where to move to.
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livingrlovesong
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Wow, scary.
tarakay0417
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Glad your dh is safe. I would move too.
brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
What state do you live in? States in the mid-west and central US are generally safer.
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Where do you live?

ZazaGoszzy
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM
We live in Massachusetts.

Quoting brandydesiree:

What state do you live in? States in the mid-west and central US are generally safer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Sorry, but the safest states are in the northeast.

Quoting brandydesiree:

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM
5 moms liked this

I can't imagine freaking out over something that might or might not have happened.  The point is that it didn't happen.  Stay away from bad neighborhoods-no matter what your race is.  Every state has murders and every state has good neighborhoods.  Tell dh to get a good job first, then you will move.  And, oh yeah-tell him to get some counseling or maybe some anti-anxiety meds.

2ArfarasMom
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Good lord...hunting white people?? WTF!!! Where are you
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Holy shit. Where?

Quoting ZazaGoszzy:

We live in Massachusetts.

Quoting brandydesiree:

ZazaGoszzy
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Massachusetts

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

Where do you live?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)