Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Waitresses how does it work?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

We went out to dinner last night and didn't have any cash for a tip so we added the tip to our debit card and it made me wonder, how does that work? Do the restaurants give the servers cash at the end of the night for all the tips put on debit cards or does it add on to their paycheck every week. I didn't tell the waitress we were adding her tip to our debit card and I don't want her to think she got stiffed.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babyspots17
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Paycheck

Germany72
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Good Question. We do that as well and was wondering that too before...

mommy2zbg
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Usually restrauants will give them the money at the end of the night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM
When I worked at Waffle House, we received those tips in with our paychecks. Not nightly.
flcowgrl23
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Some places cash out each night, some put it in their check. Some make them split tips.
SpnFulOfSugar
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM
We reviewed cash at the end of the night when I waitressed but that was 9/10 years ago.
notadoormat
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:47 AM
When they do their end of shift reconciliation, they should get it at the end of the shift.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:47 AM

We can see by the reciept that you tipped us with your debit card or credit card.. and how much you tipped us.

We get the tip in our paycheck.

I prefer when people tip with their debit / credit cards because they usually tip more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:48 AM
We got ours nightly. Probably depends if it is a chain restaurant they probably get it on their checks. If it is just a mom and pop kind of place you usually get the tips that night.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:48 AM

i take it out when i put the charge slip in the drawer- right then and there. that is how we do where i work, and everywhere i have worked

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)