Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dance moms?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I just bought her first pair of convertible tights less than a week ago. The feet are filthy, and the stains aren't washing out. Is there a trick to this, or am I doomed to spending 10 bucks a week on tights?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marrionsmommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Haha I thought you meant the tv show....I am of no help sooooo heres a bump lol

havd u tried oxyclean it gets everything out
mesfilles
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:51 AM
I don't worry about it because they're covered with tap shoes or ballet slippers.
marrionsmommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:51 AM

BUMP!

JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Vinegar & warm water, scrub together, hang dry. If that doesn't work, try Oxyclean.
petie1104
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Dd has her practice tights, then she has a separate pair for performance. The stained ones are her practice ones. All the girls at dd's school have the stained ones that they wear regularly. By the way $10 isn't bad!!! Ours are more so that's probably why we do it that way. But no, I wouldn't buy her new ones for practice.
JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Hahahaha
Me too.

Quoting marrionsmommy:

Haha I thought you meant the tv show....I am of no help sooooo heres a bump lol

havd u tried oxyclean it gets everything out
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Don't worry about it.  ALL the kids have grimy looking tights - I'm assuming she does a type of dance (as my daughters did) where some of it is barefoot?  (Former dance mom here for 22 years thanks to 3 girls who danced competitively).

AMartin81
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:56 AM

What type of dance does she do where she's barefoot? I'm just curious. My daughter just started ballet, tap and jazz so I'm new at this and had no idea how particular thy are about everything. I just spent over $300 getting her shoes, tights, leotards, jazz shorts etc. 

mesfilles
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:01 AM
My girls do ballet, tap and jazz and are required to wear tap shoes and ballet slippers. I didn't realize some go barefoot, I've never seen it here in the last 4 years since mine started dance.

Quoting AMartin81:

What type of dance does she do where she's barefoot? I'm just curious. My daughter just started ballet, tap and jazz so I'm new at this and had no idea how particular thy are about everything. I just spent over $300 getting her shoes, tights, leotards, jazz shorts etc. 

gillian5
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:19 PM

have u tried oxy clean

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)