Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

CPS and my best friend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Ok so my best friend has been is a abussive marriage and she has a son that 4 and is pregnant with her second child. Well about 2 months ago I helped her move out of her house and into a nice town home. When we were moving her stuff into her new place we had a few other friends over. My best friend told us a lot of what had been going on. Her husband uses meth, but he slams it, and she would find points all over the house. He would always say they belonged to someone else, well the final strawl for her was when he flipped out and beat her because he couldn't find his sack of dope! Well fast forward to yesterday, I get a phone call from her she moved back in with him!! She said that she couldn't afford her place and that's why she went back!! But, he's treating her worse then ever and that he has all these tweakers in and out! I told her you could have went to a shelter or your dads house! I moved 2 1/2 hours away, and told her she can put in for a transfer with her job. She works at a prison she's not a guard she is a nurse and rent is way cheaper here but she has an excuse for everything. Well I called CPS yesterday and reported her she intentionally took her son into a bad situation anything can go wrong and that little boy can be hurt she hates me now but I can live with that!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
You did the right thing. Hopefully the possibility of losing her child will give her the strength she needs to leave.

I would have done the same thing as you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:07 PM

She will eventually have to choose between her kids or her abuser. I hope she picks her kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Everyone that is her "friend" just stopped talking to her I didn't think twice and I told her I'm going to call

Quoting Aslen:

You did the right thing. Hopefully the possibility of losing her child will give her the strength she needs to leave.

I would have done the same thing as you
NeverTooMany
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:11 PM

You were right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:12 PM
I hope she does to

Quoting Anonymous:

She will eventually have to choose between her kids or her abuser. I hope she picks her kids.

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:13 PM
I agree either she hates you for taking action now of you hate yourself for not taking action later.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:14 PM

You did the right thing mama. 

AMRios
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:16 PM

That is a good reason to call! It is sad that these women make excuses for these men! They are garbage and will always be garbage!!! 

bamafama
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:17 PM

You did the right thing for them kids.. Props to you.. Maybe one day she will learn..

skinsfan26
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM

i think you did the right thing. that little boy could get a hold of those drugs or his dad could do something to hurt the little boy when he is in a rage over his drugs.

if you hadnt called and something happened to the boy, you would be kicking yourself for not calling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN