Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My roommate threatened my son

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:09 PM
  • 71 Replies

My kids were all playing outside after snack, homework and chores last night. They were throwing the football around and being loud and getting their energy out. My son came in the house to use the restroom and was still being loud. I was outside on the front porch. My son is only 9,  I heard making odd noises and being goofy when out of no where, my male roommate came out of his room and yelled at my son. He yelled "Matt stop being loud in the house or I am going to hit you in the face" I was livid. I ran in the house, got in his face and told him that I would hit him in the face if he even looked at one of my kids funny. 

From day one of us being roommates I told him that he can talk to the kids about things if they are breaking rules but if he ever touches one of them or threatens them he will be gone. So now I need a new roommate. 

Oh and for those who will ask why I would have a man for a roommate, he is my ex husbands best friend and my ex husband lives here too. I had posted about our situation a while back but in a different group I think.

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the_dude
by abides on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this

give him notice, he's OUT< 

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I'd gtfo of there. Sorry. 

twade26
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:11 PM

He needs to gtfo ASAP.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:11 PM

is it possible he was joking?

tattooedmama333
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:12 PM

He has a month to get out. That is ONLY if he doesn't even look at my kids again. 

Quoting the_dude:

give him notice, he's OUT< 

villagemamma
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:12 PM

he would be gone so fast. Not cool at all. and i totally would have responded in the same way as you.

tattooedmama333
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:12 PM

He tone of voice tells me he was not joking.

Quoting Anonymous:

is it possible he was joking?

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

livid, but somehow this story doesn't start with "my ex-roommate".  hmmmm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:14 PM

He will act on his threats eventually. People like that don't respect the boundaries and rights of children. How dare he threaten him. He is trying to instill fear.  What if he hurts the kids and threatens them "If you tell your mom, I'm going to hit you in the face"  Get his ass out.

tattooedmama333
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:14 PM

my kids and I moved in with my ex and his roommate. I was told I can't just kick him out right away, I have to give him notice!!! 

Quoting ff-princess:

livid, but somehow this story doesn't start with "my ex-roommate".  hmmmm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)