Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question: Do you feel the US should strike Syria?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Question: Do you feel the US should strike Syria?

Options:

Yes

No

Undecided

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 128

View Results

Just curious what my fellow Cafemomers think of this. Just a simple yes, no or undecided.

Tonight, Obama will address our nation with the intent to convince us (the citizens) that striking Syria is a good idea. Whether it is or not, I'm interested in what he says.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/10/politics/obama-syria/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM
4 moms liked this

I think the US should stop being the worlds police.  Deal with your own countries problems before you go getting involved in everyone elses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

What am I supposed to glean from this? Illusion of power or not, I'm happy that they are stepping up and offering the U.S. a way out of its stupid bravado. No one wants to bomb Syria.

Quoting Anonymous:

Read, very interesting.

http://t.co/yzbqnI9Rwy

Quoting Anonymous:

No, absolutely not. Luckily, it looks like we won't have to, with Russia giving everyone a way out of this mess. Thanks, Putin.

momma-moo
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Do I think we should intervene in other countries' civil wars that don't directly involve us? No. He will lie about the real intent of our invasion of syria all for political gain...what a surprise.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:13 PM
5 moms liked this

No, a civil war is not our business and that is why we have no support from our allies on this.  Not even Great Britain is on board here!

wymama610
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

No we should not. I also find it slightly amusing that Russia has supposedly come to an agreement with Syria, and Assad will be turning over their chem weapons. Of course ego maniac Obama and his little toad stool Kerry will take credit. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:13 PM
2 moms liked this
Yeah exactly. Tell me just how much you know about global security? What the media tells you? Lol

Like I said.....baaah baaaah.

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Yeah, 'cause some chick on cafemom really knows a lot about global security lol. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Baaaaah. Baaaah.

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

I trust what our leaders decide. They know a lot more than we do, security clearance and all.

RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I thought Syria just agreed to surrender their chemical weapons to Russia. If that's the case then NO... we already did our part by threatening them and got what we wanted. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Quoting CeeGee81:

I think the US should stop being the worlds police.  Deal with your own countries problems before you go getting involved in everyone elses.

That would be nice but it seems like that is happening at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:15 PM

That's exactly what Mom2Jake is trying to say... are you high or something? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah exactly. Tell me just how much you know about global security? What the media tells you? Lol

Like I said.....baaah baaaah.

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Yeah, 'cause some chick on cafemom really knows a lot about global security lol. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Baaaaah. Baaaah.

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

I trust what our leaders decide. They know a lot more than we do, security clearance and all.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

I thought Syria just agreed to surrender their chemical weapons to Russia. If that's the case then NO... we already did our part by threatening them and got what we wanted. 

I just saw that Russia has withdrew that request? No clue wtf is going on now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)