Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question: Do you feel the US should strike Syria?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Question: Do you feel the US should strike Syria?

Options:

Yes

No

Undecided

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 128

View Results

Just curious what my fellow Cafemomers think of this. Just a simple yes, no or undecided.

Tonight, Obama will address our nation with the intent to convince us (the citizens) that striking Syria is a good idea. Whether it is or not, I'm interested in what he says.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/10/politics/obama-syria/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Replies (121-129):
Mom2Jake08
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Yes, I'm dumb. What's your degree in? Political science or international law, I presume. And why are you anon?

Quoting Anonymous:

You are the only one who sounds dumb.  But I suspect you already know that.lol 

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

You still sound dumb lol. I guess that doesn't really matter to you though, does it?

Quoting XJetX:

The question was about our opinion. And my opinion is that people who blindly follow, aka Sheeple, are the ones who bring nothing good to this country. Will teach their children that its ok to not have their own opinions. and as much as you say that I know nothing because I don't have 'security clearance', guess what? Neither do you. I, however, can take the information I am given and form an opinion based on it.

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

The problem is that you know nothing. And neither do I when it comes to national and global security.

Here's an example. Let's assume you didn't study math in college. If you did, change the subject.

I'm a math professor. You know very little about math unless you studied it in depth, i.e. graduate school. You walk into my classroom and declare that you don't trust what I'm teaching or doing. You know nothing of the background, the theory, my credentials, etc., yet here you are declaring that I don't know how to do my job.

That's what you sound like when you spout nonsense about the government. You know nothing, as you don't have security clearance. You're free to not trust whomever you want, but you sound like a lunatic. And what you whine about doesn't matter anyway since you're not in a position of power. Can't you find something better to do? Take a walk, enjoy the sunshine. 

Quoting XJetX:

Insert whatever comment you want. At least I can think for myself and form my own opinion without just following along with what 'our leaders decide.'

We all know how well that's gone in the past... *eyeroll*

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Oh good lord. Insert tin foil hat comment. You people are crazy.

Quoting XJetX:

Sheeple... Just how DOES it feel to not have a mind of your own? *hands over the mic*

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

I trust what our leaders decide. They know a lot more than we do, security clearance and all.

XJetX
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Whoah!! Because being a math professor has EVERYTHING to do with forming your own opinions on government issues.
In fact, I don't think you can have an opinion at all when it comes to math. Theories are proven, they don't come from opinion. Just proving my point even more that you can't think for yourself. You even chose a profession where everything lacks opinion.

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

I just told you I'm a math professor. You think I'm mindless? I think you might need mental help.

Quoting XJetX:

If the only thing you can do is say that I 'sound dumb', then I feel sorry for you.

The mindless are walking the earth... Z-Day is coming upon us *facepalm*

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

You still sound dumb lol. I guess that doesn't really matter to you though, does it?

Quoting XJetX:

The question was about our opinion. And my opinion is that people who blindly follow, aka Sheeple, are the ones who bring nothing good to this country. Will teach their children that its ok to not have their own opinions. and as much as you say that I know nothing because I don't have 'security clearance', guess what? Neither do you. I, however, can take the information I am given and form an opinion based on it.

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

The problem is that you know nothing. And neither do I when it comes to national and global security.

Here's an example. Let's assume you didn't study math in college. If you did, change the subject.

I'm a math professor. You know very little about math unless you studied it in depth, i.e. graduate school. You walk into my classroom and declare that you don't trust what I'm teaching or doing. You know nothing of the background, the theory, my credentials, etc., yet here you are declaring that I don't know how to do my job.

That's what you sound like when you spout nonsense about the government. You know nothing, as you don't have security clearance. You're free to not trust whomever you want, but you sound like a lunatic. And what you whine about doesn't matter anyway since you're not in a position of power. Can't you find something better to do? Take a walk, enjoy the sunshine. 

Quoting XJetX:

Insert whatever comment you want. At least I can think for myself and form my own opinion without just following along with what 'our leaders decide.'

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Sheeple... Just how DOES it feel to not have a mind of your own? *hands over the mic*

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

I trust what our leaders decide. They know a lot more than we do, security clearance and all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Jake08
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:55 AM

LOL, wow. You're an embarrassment to higher education. I assume you never went to college by this nonsense. You must be one of those that thinks math stops with College Algebra. This has been entertaining, but I'm out. Time to teach some theories, definitely no opinions. :)

Quoting XJetX:

Whoah!! Because being a math professor has EVERYTHING to do with forming your own opinions on government issues.
In fact, I don't think you can have an opinion at all when it comes to math. Theories are proven, they don't come from opinion. Just proving my point even more that you can't think for yourself. You even chose a profession where everything lacks opinion.

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

I just told you I'm a math professor. You think I'm mindless? I think you might need mental help.

Quoting XJetX:

If the only thing you can do is say that I 'sound dumb', then I feel sorry for you.

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

XJetX
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:59 AM
It's cute how you're deflecting from the real topic at hand and running away.

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

LOL, wow. You're an embarrassment to higher education. I assume you never went to college by this nonsense. You must be one of those that thinks math stops with College Algebra. This has been entertaining, but I'm out. Time to teach some theories, definitely no opinions. :)

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Oooooh badass!!!

And I love my country. Just not the people in charge of running it. So suck on that, "dumb bitch".

Quoting Anonymous:No you dumb bitch, theproblem with our country is we have so many idiots like you who think they know everything about everything, and that they would be ablw to make the best decissions for our country when the fact is you don't know jack shit.Also, if you hate our country so much and do not respect our leaders, please do us a favor and go move to Syria!!
Quoting Anonymous:The fact that you trust our leaders tells me everything I need to know about you.
What I comprehend is that you'll take them at face value because they're our government.

You are what's wrong with this country. You believe that because they're in positions of power that they know what they're doing.

Keep drinking the kool-aid, sweet cheeks.

Quoting Mom2Jake08:Do you have comprehension issues? I don't know any more than you do (unless you watch Fox for your news), which is why I trust our leaders to decide these things. I teach math. This is a bit out of my realm of expertise.Quoting Anonymous:Yeah exactly. Tell me just how much you know about global security? What the media tells you? Lol

Like I said.....baaah baaaah.

Quoting Mom2Jake08:Yeah, 'cause some chick on cafemom really knows a lot about global security lol. Quoting Anonymous:Baaaaah. Baaaah.

Quoting Mom2Jake08:I trust what our leaders decide. They know a lot more than we do, security clearance and all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:53 PM
See, your problem is you think that if someone went to college and got a degree, then they're more qualified or smarter.
Morons everyday get degrees.

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

XJetX
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Yea, I'll just hop back onto this since you're probably done doing your math thing by now.
You do realize that this country isn't run by dictatorship, right? It is for the people, by the people. WE elect our leaders into office. Without us, they would not be there.
Men have fought and died to have that freedom. This country was built on it.
The freedom to have a voice.

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HappyHomestead
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:15 PM
This entire quote tree conversation is the most entertaining.

I say that using my degree in bullshit. LOL Sorry but I had too. LOL

Now I am off to get my degree in shits and giggles. It is the only way to converse on cm. LOL

Quoting XJetX:

Yea, I'll just hop back onto this since you're probably done doing your math thing by now.

You do realize that this country isn't run by dictatorship, right? It is for the people, by the people. WE elect our leaders into office. Without us, they would not be there.

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XJetX
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't help but wonder what being a math professor has anything to do with the price of rice in China, or how it's even comparable to this post.

My professor was the Flying Spaghetti Monster and I was graduated Summa Cum Laude with a PHD in basil and cricket anatomy.

Little does she know how crickets reproduce!!

Quoting HappyHomestead:

This entire quote tree conversation is the most entertaining.

I say that using my degree in bullshit. LOL Sorry but I had too. LOL

Now I am off to get my degree in shits and giggles. It is the only way to converse on cm. LOL

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Quoting XJetX:

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)