Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question: Do you feel the US should strike Syria?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Question: Do you feel the US should strike Syria?

Options:

Yes

No

Undecided

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 128

View Results

Just curious what my fellow Cafemomers think of this. Just a simple yes, no or undecided.

Tonight, Obama will address our nation with the intent to convince us (the citizens) that striking Syria is a good idea. Whether it is or not, I'm interested in what he says.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/10/politics/obama-syria/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Replies (41-50):
SpiritFortress
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM

No, there are other ways to deal with conflict besides striking the entire country. 

wymama610
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:26 PM
2 moms liked this

He has balls. Unlike our current leader. It probably doesn't hurt that he could kill anyone with his icy stare and his pinky finger. LOL

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I like Putin, I don't know why, but I like his gall......

Quoting Anonymous:

No, absolutely not. Luckily, it looks like we won't have to, with Russia giving everyone a way out of this mess. Thanks, Putin.

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:27 PM

How would they use those weapons on us?

Quoting Anonymous:

wrongs are not going to matter if they use those weapons on us and we are dead. 

Quoting Mrs_Bliss:

No... Two wrongs don't make a right! More people will die, more suffering! No!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:29 PM

We need to mind our own business and fix our problems here first!

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

There is nothing anyone could possibly say to me to convince me that this is any of our business. We have enough problems in our own country to be sticking our noses into other people's problems.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I think there should be another solution.

Someone NEEDS to step in. If our government was using chemical weapons on us we would want someone to save us. The UN should be the ones to do it, why they are sitting back and making America look bad for wanting to help is frustrating. If there are going to be international laws they need to be upheld, and done so by the UN.

I do think America should work on itself for a while but I don't think with the current way the government is employed that it's people are being heard. I think if the world needs policing the UN should do it but since they are not maybe the UN needs to be replaced as well.

I don't agree with bombing Syria. The average people are already victims to their own government using chemical weapons on them, now their "saviors" brilliant plan is to bomb them? As if no citizens will be caught in the crossfire? Why is this the answer?  Why ISNT the UN doing something?

It's just sad all around.

newmom3012
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Lol. I'm sorry that you can't decipher the difference between blunt facts and bitchy digs. Had I wanted to be a bitch I would have said, "maybe instead of cruising cafemom and believing what others say you could use your brain to research shit for yourself".
alt075
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Wow, so because she has a difference in opinion we need to bash her right? Bunch of big bullies. 

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

Yeah, 'cause some chick on cafemom really knows a lot about global security lol. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Baaaaah. Baaaah.

Quoting Mom2Jake08:

I trust what our leaders decide. They know a lot more than we do, security clearance and all.

momma2mms
by Kristin on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Hell No!!!

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM

No. While I feel Syria shouldn't get away with using chemical weapons, we are not the policemen of the world.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN