Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looks like I get to live without a/can or heat for the next few years.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Could you do it? This sucks big time.

Update

I have a whole house fan that moves the air outside in. So i can cool down that way. The heat is just a reverse of the a/c unit. Our unit will cost $10,000 to replace everything I called today and got that quote. We don't want to go into more debt. We will probably buy space heaters and a window unit next year.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Replies (71-78):
blue_elephant
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:48 PM
No can't do it! I live in northeastern Utah, and the summers are hot and dry, and it's miserable without air....and it gets too damn cold in the winter to go without heat...like in the negatives!

Last year it was -10 for a few days in a row, pretty miserable!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Ac yes, heat no way. Not in nj
Mom2Jake08
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Why would it cost so much? We just got a new hvac for $6500 and our house is big.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:57 PM
10,000?? What the....
SamanthaSage
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:59 PM
I hear you there. I live in Wisconsin too. Coldest I've seen was -35 when I came home from school one day.

Quoting audmom1218:

Live in Wisco no heat would literally destroy our house. Frozen pipes suck
Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:00 PM

most utilitiy companies will finance the replacement and set you up in intrest free monthly billing.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

It wasn't until I was an adult a doctor told  me what it was. Before then I had doctors tell my parents that I was "breaking out in hives" to get attention" . Idiot doctors. My parents luckily did not believe that.

Quoting An0nym0use:

It sucks. I can't take my kids to play in the snow because it can cause anaphylactic shock. That's actually how I was diagnosed as a child.

Quoting Thelmama:

I break out in hives from cold too but not so bad I can't drink cold stuff. But I do get hives in the winter time or in a too cold of pool or in a very cold air conditioned place. One of my dd's used to get hives from snow. THankfully she seems to have outgrown it.  I have to take benadryl in the winter if I get too cold.

Quoting An0nym0use:

It's very rare, but yes. Lol. I can't even drink or eat things that are too cold, otherwise I break out in hives.

Quoting gcstar42:

You can be allergic to the cold? Not trying to be mean or anything, but I ahve never in my life heard of that!

Quoting An0nym0use:

A/C easily. Heat, absolutely not. Allergic to the cold so that would be a very dangerous situation for me.

AMRios
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Oh wow... It gets hot there too... Can you not take out a loan or something? I would do whatever I had to before I lived without AC...

Quoting Anonymous:

nc

Quoting AMRios:

No! We would die... Why do you have no a/c for several years and where do you live?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured