Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3rd week of school and already having issues.

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:34 PM
  • 15 Replies

So today, as usual, my oldest boy(11) left the house and walked down to the bus stop. He's in middle school now, a 6th grader. I wasn't there because I had to walk my middle boy to school along with my neighbor's son, so by the time I get home he's already gone to wait for his bus.  Well, while waiting for his bus, some older boys (presumably 7th and 8th graders)  were throwing rocks at the bus bench. He didn't say anything at first, but since they continued, he asked them to stop.  They continued to do it and he asked them again to stop.  Then the boys came and made a circle around him and started video taping him and one boy behind him slapped him across his face.  Instead of confronting the boy, my son just walked off and went over to where someone he knew was sitting.  He said someone was shouting for him to fight, but he declined, he said it wasn't worth getting suspended. Not to mention, the bus bench is a worms length away from the street, so even if he did get rowdy, he'd be right in the middle of the street.

Now I have to get him to walk with my friend's kids (who weren't at the bus stop when all of this occurred) and I have to go there to notify the bus driver, because if this happens again... who knows what will happen.

Welcome to middle school!

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:25 PM

BUMP!

Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:25 PM

BUMP!

Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:28 PM

BUMP!

newmom10142011
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

i say good job for your son for walking away

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Your have a good son. You are raising him right.
Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Quoting newmom10142011:

i say good job for your son for walking away

I think he did a good job too.  Now I need to try and hunt down that video on Youtube and Facebook, because they told him they were going to post it up, and see about pressing charges or getting it removed.. Something.

I dealt with bullying my entire life and now I have to prepare my son for the same mess. *sigh*

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Arg.  I wouldn't say this to him.  I was bullied like $hit at the BS.  I beat the crap outta the perp and never happened again. 

I get things are diff now.  However the driver was nowhere in site, I lived in the sticks. 

Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Your have a good son. You are raising him right.

Thank you! I'm trying.  I'm going to have him start walking with my friends' kids so that if anything like this happens again, he at least won't be by himself and will have someone there to help him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Kudo's to your boy for walking away! Good job momma, you are raising him right.  You are handling it very well, very well indeed.  Thankfully I see my kids bus stop from my front window, so if anything goes down I see it happen.  Only ever had one issue and it was another kid with other parents who witnessed it and it was dealt with by his parents and the school.  

Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Arg.  I wouldn't say this to him.  I was bullied like $hit at the BS.  I beat the crap outta the perp and never happened again. 

I get things are diff now.  However the driver was nowhere in site, I lived in the sticks. 

Oh trust me.. My boy knows that if worst comes to worst, do his thing.  But this was just a slap and he didn't feel he needed to retaliate. He went with what he thought was best.  Believe me, if it had been me.. >_> there would have been a fight.  No one else was around at the time, just kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured