Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Man tricks pregnant girlfriend into taking 'abortion pill'!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 148 Replies

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/10/justice/girlfriend-abortion-case/index.html?hpt=hp_inthenews&app_data=%7B%22pi%22%3A%22522f3f9afee426ce7e00000e%22%2C%22pt%22%3A%22wall%22%7D

(CNN) -- Remee Lee was elated when she became pregnant, but those feelings quickly turned into a nightmare that won't let go of her. Her boyfriend wasn't happy about the pregnancy, but it was Lee's dream to have a child. Until her boyfriend, John Andrew Welden, took that dream away. This week, Welden, 28, pleaded guilty to killing their unborn baby. How? He tricked Lee into taking an abortion pill, causing her to miscarry. "Every day is a nightmare for me ever since this began," Lee told Chris Cuomo on CNN's 'New Day' Tuesday. "Even hearing the guilty (plea) yesterday, it's hard to believe it, it's hard to read it and know that this actually happened to me."

Lee, 26, was in the Florida courtroom Monday, dabbing away tears as her former boyfriend accepted a plea deal that could send him to prison for at least 13 years. Follow the conversation with Chris Cuomo Welden was indicted under the rarely used federal Unborn Victims of Violence Act, a murder charge that carries a life sentence. Todd Foster, Welden's defense attorney, told reporters that the stakes of going to trial were too high. "The possibility of a mandatory life sentence, no discretion to the judge, obviously is a big factor," Foster said. "Obviously it's tragic all around from every angle, and I think that's recognized." Those who know Lee say she's still burdened by sadness. "Nothing is going to bring back what was taken from her," Lee's attorney Gil Sanchez said.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:34 PM

He needs to be tried for capital murder and given the death penalty.

SaratheV
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sad he'll be doing that long
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Bump, so fucking sad and so sickening.
Absolutely pleased how they are charging him and I hope he does get life in prison, fucking bastard!! 

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:35 PM
How was she tricked into taking the pill?

ETA: Answered my own question by reading the whole article. I'm a derp today.
SaratheV
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Really? For a fetus? No. His feelings matter more than a fetus. He shouldn't have tricked her, but he's justified in not wanting a child.

Quoting Anonymous:

He needs to be tried for capital murder and given the death penalty.

JanineDeer
by Janine on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:35 PM
6 moms liked this

Holy cow but if SHE decided to end that pregnancy- it was NOT a baby, just a blob of tissue????????????????

Something NOT right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Sentence is way too long

TrouserMouse
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:36 PM
That is sick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I don't think it goes into those details. I assume he put it in her food or told her it was some vitamin, IDK!!?

Quoting HistoryNutty:

2ArfarasMom
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I saw this in the news -- I think he told her it was to cure an infection she had but it was actually a pill that made her miscarry

Quoting HistoryNutty:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)