Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The only reasons someone would be friendless is..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 117 Replies

You're A) a bitch or B) Creepy  Right?

I'm trying to figure out why I have no friends. It didn't helped that I moved all around groing up and never made lifelong school friends. The adult friends I made in my early 20's were too much drama once I was married so I had to let them go. And now I live in a new area and really only have 1 friend who I've known for about 3 years. We hang every couple weeks for girl talk and drinks.

I'm really looking inwards at this thinking it MUST be me. It doesn't help that my mean aunt always tells me no one ever liked me in our family and that my DH married me out of pity. I can't help but think she may see something about me that I never did- that I am "putting off" to people.

I'm not abnoxious, I think I'm funny, and I'm laidback. I help anyone and am there for anyone when they need me. SO I wonder if I say stupid things they may come off bitchy? There has to be a reason. Any ideas?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:38 PM

BUMP!

spastic_poodle
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you talk about yourself a lot and/or not listen?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Most girls I know who have no real friends tend to be really self centered, and not realize it.

Conversations are typically one way - my life  , my kids, my problems.

I can only put up with that so much before I start avoiding get togethers with them.

TrouserMouse
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:40 PM
6 moms liked this
I don't think those are the only reasons. I find it extremely difficult to make friends as an adult that has a lot of responsibilities.
Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I don't think that is the only reasons. I find it extremely difficult to make friends as an adult that has a lot of responsibilities.

Nobody likes you just ADMIT ITTT!

Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:42 PM

My problem is everything thinks Im their best friend... and I'm much more of a solitary person.

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:42 PM

This...I did a lot of growing up over this past year and realized the majority of my friends are like this. I keep to my self and family. I just don't have time to deal with pettiness. 

Oh I am sure that makes me bitchy lol

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Most girls I know who have no real friends tend to be really self centered, and not realize it.

Conversations are typically one way - my life  , my kids, my problems.

I can only put up with that so much before I start avoiding get togethers with them.

TrouserMouse
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Pfftt... maybe everyone likes me so there isn't enough of me to go around...lol.

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I don't think that is the only reasons. I find it extremely difficult to make friends as an adult that has a lot of responsibilities.

Nobody likes you just ADMIT ITTT!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Are you a sahm? If yes than maybe once you begin working you will probably make friends. Also a lot if people don't like mean sarcastic people. Also people don't like people that are selfish or self absorbed.
2ArfarasMom
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I don't really have friends -- there are a few people that I text from time to time but that's about it. I'm a SAHM and am always with my kids. I don't go out, not into parties, never have been. So the only time I'm not literally with my kids is when we are all sleeping for the night so I don't have the time or even opportunity to make friends. Plus I've never had a lot of female friends, I'm MUCH more comfortable being friends with guys 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)