Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The only reasons someone would be friendless is..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

You're A) a bitch or B) Creepy  Right?

I'm trying to figure out why I have no friends. It didn't helped that I moved all around groing up and never made lifelong school friends. The adult friends I made in my early 20's were too much drama once I was married so I had to let them go. And now I live in a new area and really only have 1 friend who I've known for about 3 years. We hang every couple weeks for girl talk and drinks.

I'm really looking inwards at this thinking it MUST be me. It doesn't help that my mean aunt always tells me no one ever liked me in our family and that my DH married me out of pity. I can't help but think she may see something about me that I never did- that I am "putting off" to people.

I'm not abnoxious, I think I'm funny, and I'm laidback. I help anyone and am there for anyone when they need me. SO I wonder if I say stupid things they may come off bitchy? There has to be a reason. Any ideas?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Replies (111-117):
2ArfarasMom
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Lol.....I'm not familiar with this "adult interaction" that you speak of. What is the meaning of that phrase??

Ill keep fingers crossed that you'll get to babysit him! Your dd would probably love that. AND you'd get to make them be your friend lol....win win :)

Quoting JleeB:

Hahaha yep, bombard. I had a family come over today to potentially have their little boy for just a couple of hours a week. They were supposed to interview me but I did most the talking lol I needed to get my adult interaction in. I'm not sure if I took a breath or not lol

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

Lmao...bombard??! Omg you had me on the floor rolling! Haha that's my mission now. I'm going to take my kids to the park and find a mom to bombard. 

You have been added :)

Quoting JleeB:

Haha that's why I'm looking to watch a child. Lol because:

1.my daughter needs a playmate.

2.the extra money would be nice.

3. I can bombard the mom and make her talk to me when she comes to pick up her child. Loll I sent u a friend request. If you want to add me lol

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

I totally understand. It would be nice to talk about anything other than potty time, or snacks or monster trucks or ninja turtles. Honestly it would be nice to go out to lunch with a friend from time to time but like you, my old friends wouldn't find me to be much fun because I'm a mommy now and wife. So...it is what it is. When we go to the park or wherever we do talk with other couples but that's usually the extent. When my kids are in school ill focus more on actually making some friends. Truthfully right now I wouldn't be a good friend to anybody and not because I don't care, it's just because all day long I'm doing stuff with and for my kids. So I feel your pain mama :)

Quoting JleeB:

Haha I'm down for being friends!! Lol my daughter is only 14 months and I moved to a new place. So it isn't like my daughter is in grade school and I can find a bunch if mommy friends. Ive trued to make friends at the park, at our new church snd at the children's museum.. bur no luck lol

I honesty really wish I had friends but all of my friends from high school and college are single partiers and don't get my life. I am no fun to them. l love being a stay at home mama and I love my daughter but sometimes I'd love to have play dates and adult interaction. Lol

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

Hey, maybe WE should be friends lol :) Some people (on CM) have said that its pathetic and crazy not to have friends but I just don't have the opportunity. My kids are young so as stressful as it can be at times, I enjoy being with them all of the time. Once they're older and in school it'll be a different story -- I'll probably work and make friends but for now...I'm happy 

Quoting JleeB:

You honestly just described my life to a T!!!! Like honestly this is me except I only have one child.

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

I don't really have friends -- there are a few people that I text from time to time but that's about it. I'm a SAHM and am always with my kids. I don't go out, not into parties, never have been. So the only time I'm not literally with my kids is when we are all sleeping for the night so I don't have the time or even opportunity to make friends. Plus I've never had a lot of female friends, I'm MUCH more comfortable being friends with guys 

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I have two good friends. I have chosen to not even try to make friends right now in my life. I have been burned by quite a few people in my life, and that has turned me away from opening up to anyone else again. I work as a nanny, so, I have no co-workers, and honestly, I love it. There is no drama in my life.

AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Are you shy? Socially anxious? Introverted?
theresa13183
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:30 PM

i have no friends really either

i'm just a loner

people are usually annoying to me

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I have this issue, too. I love to socialize and by that I think I give off the "I-want-to-be-your-bestie" vibe.

I really don't care for most people, I just like to shoot the shit and call it a day.

Quoting Foolynroo2:

My problem is everything thinks Im their best friend... and I'm much more of a solitary person.

JleeB
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Adult Interaction (noun): the mythical thing the cool stay at home moms made up to make the antisocial moms jealous. People have claimed to see it, in number outs occasions but just like bit foot and unicorns, no one has physical proof.

They're bringing him Monday for a couple hour trial run. We will see how it goes!!

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

Lol.....I'm not familiar with this "adult interaction" that you speak of. What is the meaning of that phrase??

Ill keep fingers crossed that you'll get to babysit him! Your dd would probably love that. AND you'd get to make them be your friend lol....win win :)

Quoting JleeB:

Hahaha yep, bombard. I had a family come over today to potentially have their little boy for just a couple of hours a week. They were supposed to interview me but I did most the talking lol I needed to get my adult interaction in. I'm not sure if I took a breath or not lol

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

Lmao...bombard??! Omg you had me on the floor rolling! Haha that's my mission now. I'm going to take my kids to the park and find a mom to bombard. 

You have been added :)

Quoting JleeB:

Haha that's why I'm looking to watch a child. Lol because:

1.my daughter needs a playmate.

2.the extra money would be nice.

3. I can bombard the mom and make her talk to me when she comes to pick up her child. Loll I sent u a friend request. If you want to add me lol

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

I totally understand. It would be nice to talk about anything other than potty time, or snacks or monster trucks or ninja turtles. Honestly it would be nice to go out to lunch with a friend from time to time but like you, my old friends wouldn't find me to be much fun because I'm a mommy now and wife. So...it is what it is. When we go to the park or wherever we do talk with other couples but that's usually the extent. When my kids are in school ill focus more on actually making some friends. Truthfully right now I wouldn't be a good friend to anybody and not because I don't care, it's just because all day long I'm doing stuff with and for my kids. So I feel your pain mama :)

Quoting JleeB:

Haha I'm down for being friends!! Lol my daughter is only 14 months and I moved to a new place. So it isn't like my daughter is in grade school and I can find a bunch if mommy friends. Ive trued to make friends at the park, at our new church snd at the children's museum.. bur no luck lol

I honesty really wish I had friends but all of my friends from high school and college are single partiers and don't get my life. I am no fun to them. l love being a stay at home mama and I love my daughter but sometimes I'd love to have play dates and adult interaction. Lol

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

Hey, maybe WE should be friends lol :) Some people (on CM) have said that its pathetic and crazy not to have friends but I just don't have the opportunity. My kids are young so as stressful as it can be at times, I enjoy being with them all of the time. Once they're older and in school it'll be a different story -- I'll probably work and make friends but for now...I'm happy 

Quoting JleeB:

You honestly just described my life to a T!!!! Like honestly this is me except I only have one child.

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

I don't really have friends -- there are a few people that I text from time to time but that's about it. I'm a SAHM and am always with my kids. I don't go out, not into parties, never have been. So the only time I'm not literally with my kids is when we are all sleeping for the night so I don't have the time or even opportunity to make friends. Plus I've never had a lot of female friends, I'm MUCH more comfortable being friends with guys 

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Same. I prefer online friends. Irl is too much work and drama. I have enough going on with family! Lol!

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I don't think those are the only reasons. I find it extremely difficult to make friends as an adult that has a lot of responsibilities.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)