Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No, I do not think it was a "creepy" thing to do -.- wtf?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 95 Replies
So we had a yard sale Saturday and Sunday.

We had a stock pile of baby food and rice cereal, gerber and beech nut. All kinds of it. But the twins no longer eats baby food. So we put it all in a large box and put a sign on it that said "Free: take it all, or just take what you need/want" and sat it on the porch during our yard sale.

A woman did take the whole box. She asked about it and I told her that all the food was good but our kiddos no longer eat baby food and we just wanted to get rid of it.

She said she was going to give it to her sister who has a 7 month old son.

She and her sister came back later to look at all the baby clothes.

The woman's sister thanked me for the baby food.

Today sil was over and she was helping me put away groceries. She asked what happened to all the baby food that was in the cabinet.

I told her we gave it away to a woman at the yard sale.

She questioned how we have it away so I told her.

She said "don't you think putting a "free" sign on a box of baby food is kind of creepy?"

I said "no...how would it be creepy?"

She said she didn't know, that she just thinks it creepy and said "you don't think so?,"

So, If you saw a box of baby food at a yard sale like I had, would you think it seemed creepy? If so, why do you think that?

I'm just trying to figure out how anyone would think it seemed creepy in any way..
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmami316
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:39 PM
5 moms liked this

no and when my babies stoped eating baby food i gave ti all away to to someone who was in need of it

rockgal81
by Steph on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Lol no...not creepy at all. You helped someone out that needed it and that's awesome! 

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Not creepy at all.

It was a great idea.
pixiesmom2
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I could see if you looked shady or something along those lines then yes it would be creepy but I don't think that you are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it's creepy. We have free cycle & give away / trade sites locally for things like that. IMO that was very nice of you
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:41 PM
See, I just Figured that since most of our yard sale was baby stuff; that someone shopping around for baby stuff might need or know someone who could use some baby food. But somehow it is creepy lol

Quoting lilmami316:

no and when my babies stoped eating baby food i gave ti all away to to someone who was in need of it

strontium
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

no... its not like "free candy" or some shit... you can clearly see babyfood is sealed and it has ex. dates on it..

activitymode
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't take it unless I knew you.. it's just how I am though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:42 PM
3 moms liked this
Well now, I was sitting in the shade with the kids. So technically I was shady..

Quoting pixiesmom2:

I could see if you looked shady or something along those lines then yes it would be creepy but I don't think that you are.

Pisces2j7
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Not creepy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)