Ok, I apologize for the long post. Here's a bit of background info and relevant details.
My husband and I got stationed on Guam in April 2013. I was going to go back to school to finish my RN degree. I was also going to work as a CNA while I went. Well, neither is possible here.
I have 4 kids. Three older boys and youngest is my 2 year old dd.
My mom is in Florida , lives next to a major hospital (I sent my résumé to test the waters) and they're interested in interviewing me. There's also a good college near by that offers the RN nursing program.
My mom is about to go under and lose her home. My step dad makes really really poor choices with money. My mom is 70 years old and is scared no one will hire her, but she's panicking and looking for a job.
I'm thinking of taking my youngest and staying with my mom in Florida. My three boys will stay with dh and go to school. I'd stay with my mom and work. My mom doesn't have many years left. She's only seen dd once and wants to spend time with her grand daughter.
There are medical issues I didn't elaborate on because I didn't think I needed to. She has medical issues that are also swaying my decision. I can't just turn my back on her.
She has a brain aneurism that was found a few years ago, it's inoperable due to its location.
There are many other variables in this than what I've described , straight up because I don't feel comfortable discussing the recent events with my mom or what's been occurring to make me consider going down there. She's simply unable to manage her home and money on her own anymore.
But, leaving to move in with my mom would mean I leave my three boys and my husband, and my husband would be separated from his daughter and wife.
I am worried about my mom and losing her home.
I'm not sure what to do. Be kind, lol. I'm trying to make the right decision. I just don't know which one that is.
Edit, because people are asking the same thing. There's no way for my mom and step dad to live with us. Our house on base is just barely big enough for my 6 person family. My mom will not give up her dogs and shipping them here would be $3000, tickets to Guam are $2000 each. There's no way for 4 adults and 4 kids to live in a 1300 sq ft house.
Edit 2 - I hate editing because if people actually read the responses, they'd see what I've said many many times. I would be gone a semester at a time. Come back for summer breaks, winter vacation, spring break, etc. it's extremely easy getting hops to and from Guam.
My mother has a brain aneurism, she can't keep screwing up like this and recovering from it. Eventually, she'll pass on and her debt will be an issue for her kids. There's a lot more going on.
However, NOTHING HAS BEEN DECIDED. It was an idea I pitched to my husband. He supports me.
on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:28 PM