Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scary situation, and I'm pretty sure the lawn mower is messed up now!

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:32 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok, so today I decided to go ahead and cut the grass. My inlaws live behind me, and I cut their grass too. One week I cut all the grass and the next week my fil or mil cuts the grass. Sometimes, on my week my husband cuts it, but he and my fil work out of town Mon-Fri. Beside my house, we have two poles, and we have a metal cable connected to both poles. (It looks sort of like a clothes line, but its not.) I was trying to cut the glass where the wire goes across at. Normally I hold the wire away from the lawn mower until I get that section done, ad then I let it go. Well as I was cutting that section of today, I wire slipped out of my hand and somehow got tangled up on the steering wheel of the lawn mower. I could not slow down enough to get it untangled, and the next thing I know, the lawn more is flippinh up, like I'm popping a wheelie. I fall off the back unto the ground, and realize that the lawn mower is tipping backwards on top of me. I brace it with my hands, pull my legs from under it, and then push it back up the right way. I didn't really get hurt, just scraped my arm a little. It was very scary for a minute there. After I got it back up, I tried to cut it back on, but white smoke came out. So, I cut it back off, and called my hubby. After I explained what happened (I thought fil would be mad because its his lawn mower) and after he asked me a million times if I was alright, he said to just leave it alone until he gets home, because oil probably mixed with the gas. And my fil wasn't mad so that was good. But I was scared when I seen that huge thing coming down at me. Thats my confession for the night.

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Johariz
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Scary
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Your lucky you didn't get hurt!
Mrs.Jones2314
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Quoting Johariz:

Scary

Yeah it was, amd my hubby is out of town until Thursday. im here with the kis by myself. i dont know what i would have done if i had been hurt. it would take my parents almost 45 minutes to get here.

grey7399
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM

That is some scary shit Mrsjones.

I'm glad you're ok.

You could have died or been maimed.  The only casualty here is possibly the lawnmower, may it RIP

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Scary stuff. I almost drove mine off the front yard, over the railroad ties that are next to the drive way. Its a 2 foot drop. It wouldn't stop but I got it turned just in time. Terrified me.
Mrs.Jones2314
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Quoting grey7399:

That is some scary shit Mrsjones.

I'm glad you're ok.

You could have died or been maimed.  The only casualty here is possibly the lawnmower, may it RIP

Thanks. Yeah if the lawn mower can't be fixed, I hope it RIP.

.Zombie.Girl.
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:45 PM

That is scary! I glad you're ok, may the lawnmower RIP

kris0921
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Glad you reacted like you did could of been much worse!
Mrs.Jones2314
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Quoting kris0921:

Glad you reacted like you did could of been much worse!

Yes, it could have been a lot worse. My husband freaked out a little, imagining what could have happened. But I calmed him down and let him know that I was ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured