Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Goodie Bags at Bday Parties....

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:08 PM
  • 122 Replies

What are your thoughts on giving out goodie bags to the kids at birthday parties?

Do you give out bags or lil thank you gifts, if so what are they??

If your child/children get goodie bags at a party, what do you do with them when you get home??

If not, what is a good way to say Thank You for comming, besides just teling them or sending a note in the mail or emal?

THANKS!!!!!

**we are currently  planning a Hello Kitty Theme 2nd Birthday Party****

(before anyone says it, i agree that the birthday girl/boy should get all the attention.)

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:11 PM
3 moms liked this
DD is only 2, but for her last birthday, we gave all the kids watering cans, trowels, gardening gloves and organic seeds. I loved seeing the FB pics of their gardens throughout the summer.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

We give them.  When we get them they play with them for a few days, maybe weeks and then I get rid of the contents.

inspain
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

We've done bags and thank you gifts.  Both were great.  A Japanese friend told DD, when she was really little, about giving gifts to others on your birthday and DD has always loved that idea, so we do that.  

When DD gets a goodie bag, she will usually give away all the candy and keeps any little doo-dads.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:16 PM
We give them....DD's last party was monster high....the goody bags were MH themed...color sheets we printed out, spider rings and bats etc (we bought all the goodies at Halloween time! ) and the kids made slime to take home
imakehimscream
by He screams on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM
We do goodie bags. The place I am having it this year the bags are included
NotTheirMom99
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:18 PM
I buy the kit- each theme has a kit at Target or Walmart and I go with that.
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I do little goodie bags for birthday parties

km1970
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:19 PM
4 moms liked this

I am the odd man I guess. I have never understood the whole goody bag thing. If we have a party with a pinata, I give them a bag to collect their stuff in. I have my girls write thank you notes for the gifts. I know of people who spend a ton of money on goody bags, and most of the time the contents end up in the garbage within a few days. 

inspain
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:24 PM
10 moms liked this

Oh, one thing:  to any evil parent who even thinks about whistles and/or glitter in a gift bag, there's a special place in Hell for you.  

I once took DD to a party where she was handed a goody-bag on her way out of the house.  One stop sign from the house, she started with the whistle.  I pulled over, explained that mommy had a migraine and asked for the whistle.  A few minutes later, as we merged onto the expressway, I heard DD exclaim, "cool!  purple!" and then there was a puff of bright purple and my car was filled with fine, purple glitter.  There was still glitter in the seats, two years later, the day I sold it.

anotherhalf
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I do them because the kids love them. I throw out the stuff in my son's goodie bags whenever I get a chance. Usually after a week.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)