Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

time savers!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

Any helpful time saving tips? Like getting clothes laid out the night before.I feel like every other week I just can't keep up with things at home :/ I lose 2.5 hours of my day driving those weeks, and will be loosing some full days when I won't be home til sometime between 4-6 pm after leaving the house at 645 am...(which those days shouldn't be AS bad since there won't be a mess from being home lol) it seems like that extra time makes a HUGE difference! I do freezer meals a lot those weeks so I spend less time worrying about dinner and dishes afterward. But looking for any other helpful tips to stay on top of things.

Now on top of that I have lost 2 full days/so every other week and 2 half days the other weeks >.< 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Bump

TexasGirl90
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:03 AM
I don't understand this every other week thing
Punchyobuns
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I divide up my house into sections when I clean so I don't get overwhelmed thinking about all the things that need to get done. Like one day I do the kitchen and dishes and stuff, next day bedrooms and laundry, next day bathrooms and floors, etc. and just stay on top of things. Don't let laundry and dishes pile up.

Jabojoe
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Paper plates, leftovers, meal planning, pre cooked rotisserie chickens from the grocery store. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Every other week (Monday-Friday) I lose at least 2.5 hours/day out of the normal days I am used to...

Quoting TexasGirl90:

I don't understand this every other week thing

Jabojoe
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh and line baking dishes with foil or parchment paper. It makes clean up much easier. I love crock pot liners too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:08 AM

I started a rotating laundry schedule (still  working on it lol) one day I'll do diapers, next is regular clothes and towels that night, next day diapers, etc. I'm trying to get everyone to put dishes in the dishwasher instead of the sink but so far no luck :/ I think I'm gonna sit down tomorrow and divide the chores up into certain days of the week?

Quoting Punchyobuns:

I divide up my house into sections when I clean so I don't get overwhelmed thinking about all the things that need to get done. Like one day I do the kitchen and dishes and stuff, next day bedrooms and laundry, next day bathrooms and floors, etc. and just stay on top of things. Don't let laundry and dishes pile up.

she_walk_softly
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:09 AM

One of those reacher grabby pincher  poles at the drug store. You can pick up a room twice as fast and don't have to bend over 500times to get it done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM

won't/can't do paper plates, not in the budget an  I hat  the waste lol only paper product we use is tp :) I've never bought the precooked chicken before, the store by me has them on sale every Sunday though so maybe we'll try it this weekend 

Quoting Jabojoe:

Paper plates, leftovers, meal planning, pre cooked rotisserie chickens from the grocery store. Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)