Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you have a 2 year old or have a child who was once 2..

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:30 PM
  • 69 Replies

What are some good Christmas present ideas for a 2 year old? My son will be almost 2 and a half this Christmas, and I'm having a hard time deciding some things to get him.

What are some toys your 2 year old loves (or, did love at age 2)? 

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4littlewheelers
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:34 PM
My boy loves balls of all kinds, toy instruments, finger paints, and toys that light up haha. At that age, anything goes really. We take him to toys r us and walk through to see which toys catch his eye. Just an idea. :) good luck!
Tiff_R_92
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Innotab my son got one for his 2nd birthday this July and loves it. Lego duplo and crayola color wonder are great too.
KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:37 PM

That's a good idea. The problem is I have a REALLY hard time saying no, so if I take him to Toys R Us (or, any toy store) he'll end up with a bunch of toys that day, and I'll still be stuck for Christmas. 

Finger paints is another good idea- thank you! He loves art stuff.

Quoting 4littlewheelers:

My boy loves balls of all kinds, toy instruments, finger paints, and toys that light up haha. At that age, anything goes really. We take him to toys r us and walk through to see which toys catch his eye. Just an idea. :) good luck!

KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Lego Duplo's is a great idea. Thank you! What is an innotab?

Quoting Tiff_R_92:

Innotab my son got one for his 2nd birthday this July and loves it. Lego duplo and crayola color wonder are great too.

USMCWifey2011
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg my 2y.o. loves color wonder

Quoting Tiff_R_92:

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:39 PM
My 3year old is crazy about trains, planes and cars. We got him a train table last year.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Blocks,bubble blowers,coloring books, bubble bath and bath toys.

JMCorbin84
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:40 PM
My dd got several new boxes of crayons, a dozen new coloring books, play doh, 2 bags of Mega Bloks & half a dozen Matchbox vehicles.
KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Yeah, so is my son. That's what we got him for his 2nd birthday and he's slowly been accumulating all the accessories, and trains, that go with it. I feel like my house is overflowing with Thomas the Train stuff, lol.

Quoting Hanab818:

My 3year old is crazy about trains, planes and cars. We got him a train table last year.

Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:40 PM
One button remote control vehicle, train set, lacing beads, playdoh and accessories, Mr potato head, duplos, rocking horse, kitchen, apron from etsy I bought father son ones, musical instruments, felt board, tools, finger paint, scissors
I have a 6 yr old ds and a 2 1/2 yr old dd.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)