Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what does a MILD case of chicken pox look like?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies
My dd is 6 and had the varicella vaccination. I can't remember at what age. Today she all of a sudden started getting a tummy ache and feeling tired. She started breaking out with random red spots. They look kinda like pimples. She says they itch. Theyre on the inside of her thighs and top of thighs, her inside area of her wrist, a few on her belly, one on her shoulder, and two on her back.

She doesn't have a fever. I'm wondering what a mild case looks like? All I seem to be finding on google is pictures of severe cases and huge pussing blister bumps. Hers are small red pimples.

I haven't changed laundry detergents, she hasn't eaten any new foods, my house is clean, and all the bedding is clean. I change it once a week. All of her laundry is done twice a week.

I have no clue if its chicken pox or something else. Help?!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Bump!
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Sounds like it might be chicken pox
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:57 PM
How can you tell if its pox?

Quoting proudmommy690:

momofhnd
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:58 PM
They are usually small blisters.
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Im not sure...none of my kids haven't had it but what you explained it sounds like it. Call her pedi and make an appt to be sure.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting proudmommy690:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Mobile Photo

Some of the ones on her inner thigh. They are little pimple like bumps.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Mobile Photo

Her wrist. They are kinda hard to see all of them in the pic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Sounds like it. My dd (2 1/2) had mild pox this summer. About 20-25 small itchy pimple like bumps on arms legs and belly. Never a fever and other than itching only mild lethargy. With in a few days they blistered over scabbed and then healed. If its poxs she's contagious until they all are scabbed over.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I had them as a young kid but dont remember anything but being itchy. Lol I called her pedi tonight and he said if she still has them tomorrow to bring her in. If she does my mom will have to take her in because I start my new job tomorrow. Perfect timing. Lol

Quoting proudmommy690:

Im not sure...none of my kids haven't had it but what you explained it sounds like it. Call her pedi and make an appt to be sure.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting proudmommy690:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Yeah my dds are like small pimples. This just really stinks because I start my new job tomorrow. My mom can watch her tomorrow but I have to find a sitter for the rest of the week and I have no clue who would want to watch a child that has pox. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like it. My dd (2 1/2) had mild pox this summer. About 20-25 small itchy pimple like bumps on arms legs and belly. Never a fever and other than itching only mild lethargy. With in a few days they blistered over scabbed and then healed. If its poxs she's contagious until they all are scabbed over.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured