Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

love story?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Dh and I met as children, we saw one another in summers till we were in our teens. Then not until I was 21 years old.
I didn't know he was at a friends house until I walked in, he said hello and I was speechless(I chatter like an idiot all the time.) I left quickly, he excused himself and he came outside,to talk to me. I looked in his eyes and I knew he was "the one" it sounds corny but it was truly love at first sight.
We talked for an hour, he asked me to lunch the next day, I was so nervous. After lunch he took me to the park and we spent the entire day together. I saw him every day for a Week. The last day he took me to the park, and got down on his knee and asked me to marry him. I said yes. (Of course) and we were married 3 months later. We have been married for 12 years, we have 4 amazing children, 10, 8, 6 and 2 and a half years old. We have never had a fight, we disagree but never fight. He treats me like a queen. He tells me he loves me and that I am beautiful several times every day. He still gives me butterflies after all these years. I am still so attracted to him, we are like newly weds all the time.
People tell me all the time that we are weird because we spend 24/7 together. I love my Dh more than anything(besides my children) he is m life and I want to spend every moment that I can with him. Does this sound strange? Are we weird?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
handy0318
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Weird? No.

Incredibly blessed? Yes!

mom2camy
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:02 AM
I think it's absolutely lovely.
poohbearkfc
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Not at all. True love.
Elayna90
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:05 AM
You aren't weird. You are lucky.
I met my dh when I was 14. We "dated" for a year and broke up. Got back together when I was 16 and we spent our first night apart last year (7 years later) when our dd was born because he had to come home and stay with out two boys. We have had our ups and downs but life with him is pretty amazing when I think about it. His world revolves around me.

Eta we did not spend nights together at 16. Lol. But we did see each other every day and he never went home until bedtime. By the time I was 17, he was there most nights too but my mom made him sleep on the couch until we got married.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Thank you, that is sweet of you to say.
Dh and I didn't sleep together until our wedding night. I had waited my entire life for the other half of my soul, so waiting a few more months wasn't going to kill me. We have had some rocky patches but We have an amazing life together. I love him more today than the day I met him. He is amazing. In 12 years we have spent 3 days and 4 nights apart(our youngest dd had RSV and we were isolated the entire time) I believe I am lucky and truly blessed. Thank you for your kind words and sharing your story as well :)

Quoting Elayna90:

You aren't weird. You are lucky.

I met my dh when I was 14. We "dated" for a year and broke up. Got back together when I was 16 and we spent our first night apart last year (7 years later) when our dd was born because he had to come home and stay with out two boys. We have had our ups and downs but life with him is pretty amazing when I think about it. His world revolves around me.

Eta we did not spend nights together at 16. Lol. But we did see each other every day and he never went home until bedtime. By the time I was 17, he was there most nights too but my mom made him sleep on the couch until we got married.
fvmomof5
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:07 AM

Im jealous.... I wish I had that... Good for you, hearing stories like that gives me hope...

mcginnisc
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:28 AM

You're not alone..

Dh and I met when we were 13, lost touch for a few years and then saw each other walking through the halls the very last day of our sophomore year of HS. We started dating 2 weeks into our junior year of HS at 16. We were voted "couple most likely to get married" our senior year of HS. LOL....We got married when we were 20 years old. We've been together for 22 years this month and married for almost 18 years ( December). We rarely disagree..probably because we know what the other is thinking and we understand the other so well. It's funny because we pretty much are together 24/7 as I' m a SAHM and he works from home. Everyone asks how we don't kill each other, but after 10 years of him working from home, we are so used to it, that it just works. It helps that we truly enjoy being with each other, I suppose. We have 2 kiddos and they are 5 and almost 8. 

My brother and his wife started dating when she was 15 and he was 17...they just celebrated 25 years of marriage in June and they've been together for 30 years ( since I was 8!)... 

My BIL and his wife started dating in HS as well and they just celebrated 17 years of marriage last month. 

A lot of our friends were HS sweethearts as well...and they have also been married for 10+ years.. we're strange in our neck of the woods.. LOL 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)