Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm tired of 9/11 ETA response on page 14 and 2nd ETA in OP...Its the 12th, lets talk! ETA3 in OP

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 198 Replies
13 moms liked this

I think America knew beforehand at the very least, so maybe this is why I feel like this. I'm heartbroken for those lost and it's terrible and all. But my confession is that I'm so over 9/11. The songs the television shows and all of it. I think it's gotten to an obscene point and people are profiting off the emotions the event stirs. It's numbed me to an extent and I don't care as much as I feel I should. How bad should I still feel? Maybe I'm awful for not caring today and rolling my eyes at the when the world stopped songs. It's almost a feeling of annoyance every year.

I don't understand the anger over the so called lack of empathy on this. If you are so angry and hurt (those who haven't lost a person in the attacks) how can you sit there and say all this hateful shit I have been reading? It's even to the point someone said move to Iraq if that is my opinion. IRAQ!? This proves one of the points I made. They have riled you up and put these poor souls deaths all over television for years and one of the reasons they do it so you say stupid shit like that. You've been misdirected and manipulated to look where they want you to and to have this knee jerk "merica" reaction. There is so much wrong with that comment. When I think about 9/11 I'm upset because their deaths are tragic and senseless and could've been prevented but by this point all they are being is exploited by mainstream media. I remember all this brought about a Toby Keith and Dixie chick feud back in the day. Am I really so crass and callous because that doesn't stir emotion in me to the point of tears? It makes me angry and disgusted and annoyed I have to see it every year. And I'm sad people buy into it without question simply because it makes them sad. Don't ask questions or have an opinion because this is too horrible to talk about. Not talking about things is part of the reason they happen because you can't sweep everything unpleasant away. Just like you can't treat 9/11 like a day to freeze time forever. What good do moments of silence and we will remember t shirts do this far down the line? 

ETA3: it's the day after let's talk about it now since today is so completely different. I'm not sure how I can debate dramatics and emotion. The lady who pointed out people went to war for me over this. No, they didn't. And I think they were used, sacrificed, and manipulated for a man's personal agenda and that infuriates me and upsets me. And those who say they saw it or live close by... I'm not understanding what feeling you're trying to get me to feel but I would think you too would be upset at a tragedy being exploited year after year after year.  Not held out of respect but an attempt to manipulate the mindset of people. I for one am not going to be scared, scolded, or shamed into silence on any day. I think yesterday was the perfect time to bring this up. You said it yourself wait until tomorrow. Why? Because it isn't as important on the 12th? I'm entitled to my opinion. I've not been disrespectful, rude, or heartless to anyone. Those one your soapboxes with some of your comments can't say the same. How can you lecture on respect and empathy when you can't even carry on a civil debate?

Trust me, I could have turned this post from a discussion into a fight. And probably made most of you really mad or cry because I have the reputation of a bitch. Why I went anon so it could actually be a debate and an exchange of ideas. I'm sorry you can't handle that I think the day is being exploited and sold out for profit and political gain. I think it's disgusting to have it replay on the television for a month every year. I'm so disappointed people were lied to and were so scared they willingly gave up personal freedoms and still would. I'm pissed that they still warn of vague terrorist attacks on the news with no information and it scares people. I'm mad so many were sent halfway across the world to fight and not for the reasons they thought they were going for. 

How can  me being upset about that make me cruel, uncaring, unpatriotic, or too young to know what I'm speaking about? I could have gone into the service, I chose not to for stated reasons above. My early adult life was during the aftermath so how could I not know what was going on? I find most of you overly emotional and sadly uninformed. And I don't mean those disagreeing with me. I actually mean just the overly dramatic, emotional, and stupid women who have said completely off the wall shit or their words had no substance and was an attempt at scolding from their moral high ground.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:30 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Same here
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:19 AM
I have my own shit that happened on Sept. 11, I can't believe you're saying this
just_hc
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:21 AM
4 moms liked this

How old are you?

lilypad12788
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:22 AM
4 moms liked this
First page! Got my popcorn and everything
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I agree.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this

You should feel ashamed that you don't have any respect for the victims that died on this day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I'm with you I think maybe after year 5 it was time to move on.
jas_momof2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM
13 moms liked this

ooook...  So let's not remember Dec 7 either.  Or Columbus day.  Or anything that has to do with history.  It's all in the past right? 

aehutmacher
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:26 AM
30 moms liked this

"If we forget our past, we are doomed to repeat it".

These songs and ads that you're so sick of are an attempt to honor those lost. the need for that doesn't deminish over time.

if you don't like it, turn off your TV.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)