Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How soon is too soon

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
Ex so and I broke up back in May. I found out here recently that he got busted big time for meth and other things. I dont have any tolerance for drigs or alcohol. So trust me I don't want him and I'm glad he was able to move on. I've also found out he has a new gf. I havent even tried to find someone new. My question is how soon is too soon for me to put myself back out there?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Bump
mistie900
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:55 AM
When you feel like you are ready to start dating. Everyone is different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

You may want to just start with "ladies nights" - have some friends and fun with no drama and no men.

You need time to get your head together, and you don't want the "rebounder" to be a disaster.

ILoveBeingAMom1
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:08 AM

It is never too soon if you feel you are ready and able to commit yourself to another person again. All you can do is take it one day at a time.

SyllabaryBisque
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:10 AM

That's a very personal decision to make. Whenever you feel ready to put yourself out there, that's the right time to do it.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:16 AM
My personal rule is a year
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM
More of my issue with that is finding the time. I have 4 kids a full time job and a part time job. I've gotten out maybe twice in the last year.

Quoting Anonymous:

You may want to just start with "ladies nights" - have some friends and fun with no drama and no men.

You need time to get your head together, and you don't want the "rebounder" to be a disaster.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

More of my issue with that is finding the time. I have 4 kids a full time job and a part time job. I've gotten out maybe twice in the last year.

Quoting Anonymous:

then be a mom first - you don't need to be "putting" anything out there.

You have responsibilities, I thought you were just coming off a break up.

Think with your head, not with your crotch

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Good advice.

Quoting Anonymous:

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM
2 moms liked this
When you stop comparing other men to him...when you stop missing the "good" version of him...when you stop imagining him turning his life around and becoming the husband/father that you want him to be. Basically, when you realize you are truly over him AND when you know exactly who you are as an individual.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)