Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I told my husband that I don't think I'm in love with him anymore

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies

About 3 weeks ago my husband did something that completely broke my trust and my heart. I wasn't able to eat for almost a week, I was so devastated  Although I still love him and care about him, I have completely lost that "in love" feeling for him.  Everything he does seems to bother me or annoy me.  The smallest things make me want to pack my bags and leave.  I used to be the first one willing to go to counseling or a mentor or something if there was an issue in our marriage, but I'm too embarassed and ashamed of his actions that I can't even tell anyone, not family or friends or counselor or pastor or even on here. The pain is also too deep and bad that even if I wasn't ashamed to tell a counselor, even the thought of discussing it with another person or having another person talk about it is too difficult for me to bear.

Yesterday he wanted to know why I seem to not even want to try to fix things and I told him that I don't thnk I'm in love with him anymore.  I watched the words hit him like a ton of bricks. He staggered a little like he almost felt faint and his face twisted with sadness and pain and he was quiet. After a couple minutes he said "Do you KNOW it, or do you THINK it". I said "I just think it." and he said "Then don't ever say something like that to me unless you damn well know."  I asked why and he said "because it's heart breaking that's why".  I just explained to him that while I do love and care about him, there's a part of my heart that I just haven't been able to give him or let him in since he broke my trust and my heart 3 weeks ago because I'm too scared to let him in there again.  I told him that I don't know yet if I ever will be able to again.

Has anybody else had experience where you fell out of love with your husband because of something he did... were you able to recover from it and be in love with him again or did things end because of it? 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:43 AM
I wanna know what he did.
MixtlisMomme
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Been there. Nope I couldnt so I left.
Babybear89
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM

oh :(  how long did you struggle with it before you left?

Quoting MixtlisMomme:

Been there. Nope I couldnt so I left.

mommy2zbg
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM

well now he knows what it feels like to have his heart broken... Not sure what he done in your situation but I know that some things happened between me and fiance and I couldn't look at him the same. I put a guard up and wouldn't let him in. I ended up leaving him because if I can't trust him then I don't need to be in a relationship with him....

Best of luck to you! Keep your head up! You will find a trusting guy one day!

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Seriously, without knowing what he did, how can we answer? If you want us to personalize it to give our opinion, we'd need to know what the situation is. If he cheated, that'd be a time when falling out of love would be possible. If he lied about something, probably not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm leaving my marriage. Once it goes there there's no recovery.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:48 AM
OP would provably feel better if she let it out. It's probably something she's overreacting about and needs people to bring her back down.... Kwim?
Of maybe we can give an outside perspective/personal experience. But we can't do that unless she spills the beans

Quoting Babybear89:

This

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Thank you, I will try. How long did you try with your ex fiance before you ended up leaving?

Quoting mommy2zbg:

well now he knows what it feels like to have his heart broken... Not sure what he done in your situation but I know that some things happened between me and fiance and I couldn't look at him the same. I put a guard up and wouldn't let him in. I ended up leaving him because if I can't trust him then I don't need to be in a relationship with him....

Best of luck to you! Keep your head up! You will find a trusting guy one day!

MixtlisMomme
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Not long, i didnt have time to.. I had an infant that needed her mother mentally emotionally and physically. With time it gets easier, I promise.

Oops you meant before I left, 2 years. Domestic abuse.

Quoting Anonymous: oh :(  how long did you struggle with it before you left?
Quoting MixtlisMomme:Been there. Nope I couldnt so I left.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured