Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think you're spending too much money on your kids?

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:00 PM
  • 95 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think you're spending too much money on your kids?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 210

View Results

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
malissaL
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Sometimes I wonder...

I was reading a form for a fundraiser at dd's school where a first place prize is an ipod..DD had tossed the fundraiser on the table when she got home and simply said "I don't need to worry about this, I already have an Ipod"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

We received a little extra money recently.  I have found myself buying things that I never would have on our regular budget.  So stupid.  I need to get control of myself.

malissaL
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:10 PM

see, I do this every time we have extra money..I got a Kohls gift card for my birthday and had to drag myself away from the kids section..

Quoting Anonymous:

We received a little extra money recently.  I have found myself buying things that I never would have on our regular budget.  So stupid.  I need to get control of myself.

Its my body and I'll do what I want to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I know.  I do the same thing.  I feel bad about it but we are on an incredibly tight budget and I just lose it.  They have plenty of "stuff" too.  They certainly aren't deprived.

Quoting malissaL:

see, I do this every time we have extra money..I got a Kohls gift card for my birthday and had to drag myself away from the kids section..

Quoting Anonymous:

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:14 PM
My family won't give me cash or gift cards that can be used on kids or family things, like groceries. They will only give me gift cards for places that I can only find stuff for myself, lol.

Quoting malissaL:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I don't think so. I only have one & she's only one yrs old. She's been relativly cheap to be honest.

Roo1234
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:15 PM
2 moms liked this

The only extravagance that our children get is their dance classes (very expensive).

Beyond that, they have a comfortable life, with nice things, but they also have an understand that everything costs money, and that they intrinsic value of something isn't what it costs.

christina0607
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Oh yeah i spend far oo much money. But thats life.
2Sparrows4ever
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:16 PM
No
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:17 PM
2 moms liked this

To me "too much" would mean in excess to what you have have/above your means while something else lacks (even yourself). Our money is pretty fairly distrubuted across the house, our kids, ourselves and family fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN