Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think you'll be able to afford to pay for your kid's college education?

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM
  • 206 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think you'll be able to afford to pay for your kid's college education?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 242

View Results

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Milfshake.
by SoNastySoRude on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:02 PM
5 moms liked this

yes all three of them (soon to be four) have trust and college funds, isn't that a part of parenting?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Yes.  We have one child and have put 150k for his education.  We put half my husbands bonus in an account for school.  He is only in 6th grade so there will be more added so he can attend grad school or use towards a home. 

happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:04 PM
2 moms liked this

We put one through college and now are putting the 2nd through. 2 years of community college, then 2 years at a State university. Living at home and working is so much cheaper than trying to live on-campus. And unless your child is pre-med, they have plenty of time to work AND go to school. If you expect a lot out of your kids, they will rise to the occasion. When you make escuses about it being too hard is when they fail IMO.

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:06 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it doesn't matter because I will not be paying for my child's college.

But to answer the question, yes, if I ever had such an intention, I would be able to afford it.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:07 PM
5 moms liked this
Yes. In this day in age, I seriously have to question parents who don't plan to help pay for college. College is an important path to success and it's our job to help set them up for greatness. Don't have so many if you can't affored them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Yes, in the next few years my income will be soley to pay for college for both of my kids. They are three years apart but my youngest is super advanced and will be attending college at the same time her sister is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM
11 moms liked this

Able to afford it? Yes. Going to pay for it? No. They will be adults, responsible for their own expenses. Just like I was.

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Yes, at least in part. I've been putting away money every month into a college fund for them. My mom adds to it, too. I may not be able to cover the whole thing, but I'll certainly be able to help.

TattooedMomto4
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM
4 moms liked this

Able to afford it yes, willing to pay for it, no. I have 3 in college and they are all financially responsible for their own college educations. One (21yo) graduates with his 1st degree in December (he went in to college right out of high school and took 1 semester off due to transferring colleges when he switched majors and having a slight glitch) and 2 (27 and 23) are currently in their 2nd year, both were in the Army and started college when they got out. The year they graduate with their 1st degrees their younger brother will graduate with his 2nd. They all also work pt while attending school and pay their own bills. They are adults and responsible for their own educations and futures.

HumanBeing
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I'm not sure if I can completely but we are most certainly going to try.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN