Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not buying her a damn thing for that baby!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 120 Replies
I have 2 boys and my cousin who is unemployed, newly single, and living with her mom, is pregnant.

She's having a boy and I have SO much stuff I can give her. I have bins of stuff from preemie sizes up until 18 months. My oldest is 3 so this stuff isn't old by any means--and as you can imagine some stuff was only worn once or not at all.

Well I was talking to her on the phone the other day and told her about all the stuff. I told her I'd bring it along with the gift at the baby shower. She told me "oh no no, that's ok. I'm not doing hand me downs" i was confused so I told her that they would all be washed before I have them to her. She just told me to keep them because she doesn't want anything used. What she was saying was very clear by then.

It made me angry and look at her in a new light. I don't want to even attend her shower anymore and every time I go try to pick up an outfit for her baby I just put it back because I think of how she might not like it and not appreciate it.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:46 PM
I wouldn't get her anything either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortycmlb
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, I wouldnt either. Its one thing if she was on her own, its a totally different one that she is unemployed and living with her mother.

How ungrateful......

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:46 PM
5 moms liked this

It'll just be a financial burden on her, no reason you should be upset.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM
She sounds like an ass.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM
So you are mad she doesn't want your hand me downs? Get over and find someone else who is having a boy or give the stuff to goodwill or the Christian mission.
dolphingurl1286
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM
13 moms liked this

Unemployed, single mom, living at home, but not accepting hand me downs? She sounds entitled. I was greatful for hand me downs for both my kids and I was in a completely different situation than her.

Keara20
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM
7 moms liked this
I don't care how much money I have, if someone gives me baby clothes I'm super grateful!

Your cousin sucks
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow that is bad, I can't believe she does not want the stuff. My husband and I took any hand me downs people gave us and were very appreciative. We had 3 families with girls that have been giving us stuff. We do well financially, but don't see the point in buying all new stuff that she will only wear a couple of time.

Being as she is unemployed and single you would think she would take what she can get!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Wow. How ungrateful, I wouldn't get her anything or let her use any of the stuff you have once she pulls her head out of her ass and realizes she needs the stuff you were so generously willing to give her. But that is just my opinion.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:50 PM

what an ungrateful little bitch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN