Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What the heck?!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

This appeared on ds's leg yesterday. I know it's a rash but what could it be from?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Replies (21-27):
thatonemomof2
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Looks like chaffing too me....
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Found this

View Report

No Images to display
Pampers cruisers with dry maxx
Baby
Nursery Equipment & Supplies
Diapers
The Procter & Gamble Company    
Pampers cruisers

Walmart
Unspecified
3/12/2013
I'm am reporting burns on my sons butt due to pampers dry max , I have switched diapers . But with in 2 days of him wearing pampers he had a horrible diaper rash that would blister , the dr prescribed niastatian to clear up his rash but it did not clear up until I switched diaper brands
3/13/2013
Home/Apartment/Condominium 
Injury→Injury, Seen by Medical Professional
My Child
Male
1 years 3 months
No
No
No
No
No
Comment from The Procter & Gamble Company 8/22/2013
We’re sorry to hear of your son’s experience while wearing Pampers and hope he is feeling better. We certainly understand your concern and want to assure you a great deal of research has gone into the development of our products to ensure they’re safe and gentle on babies’ skin. 

At Pampers, safety is our top priority. We partner with leading pediatricians, pediatric dermatologists and safety experts to confirm all the materials we use in our diapers are safe for babies. Pampers are made with the same types of materials that have been used in diapers for many years. Before any baby uses our products, we conduct a detailed safety assessment, as well as ongoing checks during production, to ensure our highest safety standards are met. 

It’s important for us to be aware of any concerns consumers have about our products, so we hope you’ll get in touch with us to help us gain a better understanding of your experience. You can reach us by calling 1-866-607-5535. We appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns and hope to hear from you soon. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes but that was years ago and they've changed the diapers since then. We've never had a problem in almost 2 years.

Quoting kristen0812:

Is he wearing pampers cruisers? If so, they did a major recall because they were causing chemical burns.

MyStarLight
    by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:30 PM
    Oh poor baby
    booboobear12
    by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:31 PM
    Negative. My children have stuff like this caused by pampers.

Quoting Anonymous:

Chemical burn.

Anonymous
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:31 PM
    Same pack. This was one if the last in the pack right before the rash showed up. I change him MULTIPLE (like 10 times) times a day, he's potty training so he's never in a diaper long.

Quoting BaconQueen:

Same pack same size same everything?

Just because they are manufactured by the same company does not mean the diapers are made the exact same way or with the same material (even if they have the same characters on the front). The amount of bowel movements, mobility, etc are taken into consideration as well as the expected time the child would be spending in them which impact the absorbancy, etc. It's the diaper. Whether he is in the wrong size, or is having a reaction to the elastic etc. YOUR job as a parent is to make sure HE is taken care of, and if that means switching sizes or brands than DO IT

Quoting Anonymous:

It can't be the diaper brand, he's used these since birth.

Quoting BaconQueen:

Really? It's from the diaper, more specifically, the elastic. Either he is having an allergic reaction to it or it is causing a sweat build up which then is chaffing and rubbing against his leg. Change diaper brands, check to make sure it is the proper size,and put some diaper rash cream and baby powder on him after cleaning the spot. 

momof2girls89
    by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Well excuse the fuck outta me. *HIS* my bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

His.

Quoting momof2girls89:

Her diaper

Anonymous
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:41 PM
    Wow... I didn't even get an attitude, ask I put was "his". Chill.

Quoting momof2girls89:

Well excuse the fuck outta me. *HIS* my bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

His.

Quoting momof2girls89:

Her diaper

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
    other members!
    Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN