Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would You Judge Me??? *somewhat long story*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 123 Replies

Poll

Question: would you judge me?

Options:

yes youre pathetic

no youre fine

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 97

View Results

i'm curious as to how other people percieve me....i'm going to make this anon just so people are completely honest but some of you may recognize who i am from the story...i'm not shy with it and i comment on here alot but here goes....forgive any spelling or grammar mistakes i'm going to write this quick because my left hand is sore today for some reason

this is just a curiousity thing too...you can talk bad about me but please dont say anything bad about my baby because that's unnecessary

so first off i am 20 years old, 38 weeks pregnant, unemployed, and i live with my mom in an apartment that she alone pays for. lol i'm sure some moms are already typing away judgey things but now let me explain with some detail.

i had a boyfriend that lived with me an my mom, we payed rent and lived with her together for about 4 months....we broke up 3 weeks after new years....one week after that i found out i was pregnant...at first he told me to get an abortion and wanted nothing to do with me (wont go fully into the story of him but basically he was not involved with the entire pregnancy) i told my mom the day after i took the test and she was totally supportive from the very beginning....she knew i had made a silly new years drinking mistake and has never once judged me on how i concieved (LOVE my mom so much for this btw)

when i first found out i was pregnant my dad was still alive...i had a job at first too but he got put on hospice and i quit my job because somebody had to stay home with him....after he passed i was around 15 weeks pregnant and already showing so my mom told me not to worry about getting another job....his life insurance would cover the bills and we had to move so i could pack up and clean the house while she continued working

and that's exactly what happened...i packed and cleaned and cooked. she worked

she bought me my crib, some sheets for the crib, a couple pacifiers and a nursing bra

everything else i got was hand me downs from my family since we all had boys

i plan on getting a job around 6 months after the baby is born...she actually wants me to stay home longer than that (she is not a fan of babysitting LOL, and daycare would cost as much as i'd make so kinda pointless)

i earn my keep around the house by cooking, cleaning, and taking care of our two dogs. i thought it would be harder but in such a small apartment sometimes i feel bad that its so easy for me and yet she works so hard

she has never complained about my living with her...the only thing she has a problem with is that i dont have a license or a car (couldnt afford drivers training when i was in high school or after and now i'm sort of scared to start driving while pregnant/with a newborn)

so, what would you think of me

i'd like to know what you would think of me just knowing the main details (20 unemployed prego living with mom) and what you think of me knowing all the details

dont be afraid to be mean (yea right haha) i can take a bit of bashing

i am just curious for honest opinions

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:56 PM

BUMP!

Sweetie1216
by ♥Dominique♥ on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I DON'T JUDGE!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:58 PM

lol

love the picture

Quoting Sweetie1216:

I DON'T JUDGE!

blondieinva80
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I left my sons father when i was 5 1/2 months prego and moved back in with my parents at 31 years old. No bashing here. You do what you have to.
Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 7:59 PM
3 moms liked this
I see no problem. You're lucky to have a great mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anyotherday
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:00 PM

why did you go anon? Im pretty sure I know who you are

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:00 PM

As long as it is your MOM supporting you , and not the taxpayers-why would anyone care?

Now if the taxpayers  are funding your choices, then you probably should work on getting off of assistance.

Looks to me like your Mom asked you for help, and in return she is helping you.

ramita
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:00 PM
This is why people shouldn't judge until they know the full story. I wish you the best of luck with your baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:00 PM

i agree

dont know what i'd do without her lol

if anybody has taught me what it means to go above and beyond for your child its her

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

I see no problem. You're lucky to have a great mom.

seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I think you're brave. 

Good luck. You'll be  okay.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured