Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How would feel? And what would you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Ok so my oldest graduated this past year and was in band. Her sister is in band now. So for about six years I have volunteered in the concession stand at every home game. Don't the spirit spectacular they do every year, volunteered at the summer camp to help feed the kids. I have also never missed an away game because I would chaperone. Never missed a completion because I chaperoned. The policy states you MUST work concessions at least once in order to chaperone. There is a new booster president and we were friends ( notices said were) until last week. I got very sick two Fridays ago while work the concessions and in the past you had to let the concession manager know when you leave. I was there from3:30 in the afternoon until 9:30 at night. So last week I was waiting for my confirmation that I was chaperoning, never before I had I waited since I was like the third on the list. Anyway, I called my "friend" and said what time do I need to be there. He proceeded to tell me that because I left Friday without telling him that I was not going to chaperone. Are you freaking kidding me? He was like nope. He said the new policy ( which he never told anyone btw) was if we needed to leave we must inform him. Ummm, well first of all the vice pres told me to leave because I was pissing blood and puking every five minutes. Then ten concessions manager took over my window. 

So last night was the monthly meeting and I was treated like an outcast. They were begging for volunteeres and this one bitch goes yeah some people left last time. I looked at her and said yeah because some people were sick. They also said that to chaperone you must work concessions, yet I know of three people who have never worked and are chaperoning. My daughter was devastated that I wasn't going. Some of the other parents were pissed because I am the one they trust with their kids meds. 

So now we have. Home this Friday and I don't know if I even want to do it anymore. On one had I do because it is for my child, one the other hand I being treated like crap and there is no guarantee this jerk won't do the same thing again. What would you do?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:30 PM

is there any thing preventing you from just going in your own car to watch?  

csxt99
by Jennifer on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I would tell the new president to shove the concession stand right the fuck up his ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I would do what needed to be for my kid within limits.  Was your one time at concessions the same time you got sick?  Does your daughter know everything that's going on?  What does she say about it? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:34 PM

No.,I did it last week. The thing bout the chaperoning is I ride the bus, take them to the bathroom, ect. My dd and some of the girls like when I am there. I am not allowed to talk or sit near the kids when we go on our own. They block the area off. 

Quoting Anonymous:

is there any thing preventing you from just going in your own car to watch?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:38 PM

It was the first game of the season. First one is six years I ever left from. And the only requirement is you stay until after half time. Which I did we'll past half time. Yes, my dd knows everything and has had her friends parents asking what happened. She wants me to be there badly! She also doesn't like how I am being treated and is afraid even if I still volunteer with everything he will still say I'm not chaperoning. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I would do what needed to be for my kid within limits.  Was your one time at concessions the same time you got sick?  Does your daughter know everything that's going on?  What does she say about it? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Are the rules written down?  If you've already talked to him and he isn't budging I would just tell my daughter that 'I'm sorry it's out of my hands, but I will be at ____________ whenever I can/I'm allowed.  But I also wouldn't go above and beyond for those people if I could help it.

Quoting Anonymous:

It was the first game of the season. First one is six years I ever left from. And the only requirement is you stay until after half time. Which I did we'll past half time. Yes, my dd knows everything and has had her friends parents asking what happened. She wants me to be there badly! She also doesn't like how I am being treated and is afraid even if I still volunteer with everything he will still say I'm not chaperoning. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)