Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I the only one who thinks this way (about religion)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 227 Replies
9 moms liked this

It's pretty common to know that people today have wayyy more knowledge than people 100 years ago, 1,000 years ago, etc.   ( Someone who studies this might know more about actual amounts of knowledge of people then, vs now.)

right?

Why do people follow books about life based on people who lived thousands of years ago?  

Wouldn't they, in comparison to today's people, not be half as competent. 

Wouldn't that mean you are following a book written by dummies, which then, questions your own intelligence?

idk

Maybe I'm odd. I just can't wrap my mind around mindlessly following a book written by people who didn't know the earth was round or that the earth revolved around the sun.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashley1113
by Ley on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:03 PM
I sure don't follow said book. I don't even believe in that religion.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree with the general idea of your post, but not with the grammar.

CB3arr
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:06 PM
11 moms liked this

Well the people that believe the bible believe that it was written by God, not man.  God inspired men to write it.  So I'm okay believing a book written by the all knowing God.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I believe the bible, or any other religious material, was meant to be interpreted and adapted to current society. So even as the book/books were written thousands of years ago, the words can be interpreted to fit how we live today, and what we have learned.

StarLight23
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM
3 moms liked this

No. Because even though the Ten Commandments were given hundreds of years ago, that doesn't make them any less relevant in our day.

And some of those prophets in the Old Testament were great! Like Moses, and Abraham, and Issac. Also Joshua.

Now the exact situations may not apply to our day.. but we should try and apply what direction God has given us.

It is my belief that God directed man to write about things that happened long ago for us to learn from the past. If we do not learn about the past we are doomed to repeat it.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Religious people tend to be less educated and less intelligent.

It's not really that hard to believe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Oh really?

Quoting danie24:

It's not really that jard to believe.

ToniTennille
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Well I definitely have faith and I maybe wrong for the way I view it but that's for me to deal with when the time comes. I don't follow the bible word for word since I was written so long ago and times have changed. I look at God as a father. Me as a parent I wouldn't hate my children for being born certain way or condemn them for the choices they make in their life. I also do my best to not judge others but I am human and not perfect. I also don't care what beliefs you have either. I think life is more about having compassion for others and being the best person you can be without being too hard on yourself. That's how I see it. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I agree.  I questioned the bible when I was very young.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Wow, just wow!
Quoting danie24:

It's not really that hard to believe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)