Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

women with cup sizes D or higher(real boobs) ETA 3

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 213 Replies

I am a 40 dd.  Ever since I was a teen, my boobs have been saggy, its so embarressing, I cant go anywhere without having a bra on, even in my own house.  I buy wire bras some of them work, some of them dont,  the ones that actually do work, the wires snap all the time. (I spend enough on bras at least 20 dollars on one)  or I will wear them a few times and then they would just get worn out.  I even found myself wearing 2 bras at one time just to get the support I needed.

I am looking for maybe some suggestions...anything would be helpful at this point.

ETA 

I notice everyone telling me I should spend more, but I really dont have the money to spend that as it is!  so spending more would be kinda impossible for me, so I guess on my bdget what can I do? If i have the money I do spend more. 

thanks everyone for all the replies, of course I didnt have the chance to read them all but the ones I have some really good suggestions! ill check back on this tomorrow, I have to get my ds on the bus in the am, so i am heading to bed! 

LAST ETA
thanks everyone for the replies, I read just abuot every single one of them. I have a lane and bryant and a vs here, so the next time I head that way ill stop in there, I will go to LB frist since that seems to be the cheapest! I never been in there, always assumed they would be too much lol.  I know  Idef need to get fitted therei s no question about that.  Idk why I didnt think of any of this, but you all def shined some light onto this! thank you! 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

No suggestions, but right there with you! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Same.  damn . issue.

strontium
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

y wires snap all the time. Mine aren't really saggy tho... they hang like natural big tits.. but i cant like throw em over my shoulders or anything lmao

4Poodle
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM
The only bra that works for me was custom fitted. I measure at a 34 d, which isn't made, just not a natural size. But this place, which didn't use traditional cups or bands, made one perfect. And, I can wear it strapless and it fits perfectly. Ooh and it's lasted 5 years, no wear and tear.
Idk how common they are, but I highly suggest searching for a similar shop in your area.
momsince1985
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM
36 D
But I dont have problems like that. I buy mine from walmart (what can I say, im not spending $50 on a bra thay does nothing). Mine normally cost around $20 too, but they last a long while. Bras really werent meant to last more than six months.
meaganmac
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM
$20 isn't a good quality bra. My bras now are about $60 but you can spend $150-200 on a good, properly fitting, supportive bra.
IWantOneMorePlz
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM

sounds weird, but get padded bras.  They have alot of support.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM
2 moms liked this
So boobs that are under size D are fake boobs?
Or do you mean natural vs implants?
ssassys
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Soma.com has some wonderful bras for gals our size.  They may even have a store in your area.  I love their Vanishing Back bra.  I'm sorry to tell you but you need to be spending more than $20 on your bras is you want decent support.  If you don't have a Soma or dont want to order online, go to a Dillards or Macy's and go try some on.  And, be sure to get measured.  You may also be wearing the wrong size which may be part of your support problems. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a 42G. I hate bra shopping. Nothing is comfortable, or cheap. My last bra cost me $50 and a year later both of the underwires in the cups have broken.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)