Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why I am thankful for CM

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
4 moms liked this

CM has helped me a lot in a few different ways.

People like me here, really like me. It is my connection to the outside world after being in a very unhappy marriage for the last 5 years. Here are a few examples:

1.)My DH hates my personality, you ladies love it because I am outgoing and have a twisted sense of humor. I can be myself here.

2.)DH berates the way I look and I have been told by several of you that I am actually very pretty.

3.)He refuses to let me follow my dreams and go back to school. Its either be a housewife or get a full time job, no in between. You ladies have encouraged me to follow my dreams.

4.)You have given me self-esteem when all he did was tear it down.

5.)He is always telling me how bad of a mother I am, but I spend 90% of my time with the kids.

6.)Yells at me and calls me a worthless alcoholic when I only drink about once a month, yet he drinks almost every night.

There are so many more things and he just doesn't understand why I spend so much time on here....it's because although I don't know any of you in real life, you are my girls.

Most of all, you all have given me the courage to finally leave him. For about 2 weeks now I have been stashing money back that he doesn't know about. I have a job interview with an old boss tomorrow and I pretty much already have the job, we are just going through the formalities and he will work around school hours.

I am on a list for income based apartments and they are going to try to get me in fast because I fall under the "mental abuse" #2 emergency category and all I have to do is give them an average of how much I will be making at my new job.  They said they have the perfect apartment for me that will be ready in 2 months.

I have already been approved for foodstamps (he has no idea) and my FAFSA was approved yesterday for school. My kids are also being processed for medicaid.

Yes, I am going to use the government for now to my fullest advantage because I refused to do it when I left my first husband for physical abuse and my children suffered because of my stubborness and they will not go through that again.

BUT, I just want to thank all of you ladies for everything you have done and you don't even realize it. It feels so good to know I will finally be free. It may still be hard, but if I did it before without assistance, I know I can do it with assistance.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marrionsmommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:30 AM
Good luck...glad u can stand up for yrself. Never be ashamed of taking assistance that what its there for.
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:31 AM
I really really wish I could give you a hug right now!!!!

Good luck On Your journey!!!!

RoxStetz
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:33 AM
I am happy for you. It isn't easy to make a huge change like this, but you are doing great. Good luck Mama.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I accept e-hugs. lol

Quoting RazzleMySpazz:

I really really wish I could give you a hug right now!!!!

Good luck On Your journey!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:33 AM

Are you sure we are on the same CM?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:36 AM
Good luck! You are smart and you can do this! Stay strong!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:37 AM

HAHA! Yes, I am sure. I understand why you would say that though. I just look at things differently, I guess. Some women are just down right mean and I ignore them. Others were sympathetic. And the others were very critical, but I just accepted it as constructive criticism.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you sure we are on the same CM?

wixychixy
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:38 AM

Good luck from the bottom of my heart.  You can do this.

clapping

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:38 AM

Thank you!

Quoting wixychixy:

Good luck from the bottom of my heart.  You can do this.

clapping

csxt99
by Jennifer on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:39 AM

Good luck!  Try to keep your courage up and make things better for you and your kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN