Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wanna leave my dh too for child support

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
I hate that lying, cheating,and stealing bastard of a husband.

If I leave him and he makes around $2200 b4 tax a month. How much am I titled to with my 3 month ds?

And I have proof of his cheating, will I get full custody of my kid? how will I be able to afford an attorney for this? Im a sahm right now.. No income whatsoever.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaughtTot
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Not much

And that would be assuming you didn't end up with 50% or less custody.

Cheating doesn't play part in child support or custody, thats his sex life and it has nothing to do with his kids, that has to do with your spousal support and spousal support only.

lovingmommy4316
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:33 AM
You could possibly go after alimony too. since he is the sole provider for. the family !
As for cs I believe its a percentage of his income. each state is different . Google it !
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:34 AM
33% of his gross income per child
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:34 AM

When it comes to custody, all the proof of cheating in the world won't help your case. Just because he's a crappy husband doesn't mean he's a crappy father. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Every state I've googled so far is 20% or LESS for the first child.

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Every state has a different child support calculator system.... Google "your state" child support calculator..... And you'll get a rough idea of what it would be if you get custody

And his cheating or really anything concerning your relationship with him will have zero impact on custody...... If he fights for it and is a decent father he will likely get 50/50.....or 50/50legal and a physical arrangement that you both agree on maybe 70/30 that seems pretty common...... If you do 50/50 physical them you might not get child support at all.... That depends on a few things
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:43 AM
actually it does. too bad the courts don't see it that way.

Quoting Anonymous:

When it comes to custody, all the proof of cheating in the world won't help your case. Just because he's a crappy husband doesn't mean he's a crappy father. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:55 AM
First off there is no way he wants to keep our son. He wants to be "single" so he.csn fuvk all the women he wants and he is military that works 12hrs or more hours a day... He also made it clear.he didnt like baby. If hr tried m take the baby he will neglect my son...

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:58 AM
Read my reply to the other person. Im sure.he doesnt want our son. Of he did he would neglect him.

Quoting TaughtTot:

Not much

And that would be assuming you didn't end up with 50% or less custody.

Cheating doesn't play part in child support or custody, thats his sex life and it has nothing to do with his kids, that has to do with your spousal support and spousal support only.

gmoen1977
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:59 AM

Ask the economic support social services office if there is a free league service you could use.  Second.  Stash away money.  Third plan the divorce.  You don't have to go right away to plan it.  I researched everything down to laws when I divorced.  I also got him to sign what I would get if he cheats,  guess what he thought he got away with cheating but didnt know I knew as much as I did.  

With cheating that won't prevent him from getting custody.  You would likely get a little something for alimoney for x amount of time.  I got it until I marry again.  But if I can finally win ssdi case then ill let his payments go. No kids thankfully.between the two you MIT get 40% of his income.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)