Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do We need a lawyer?!?!?!?! Help.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 118 Replies
Dh is wanting to take his ex back to court, due to several new developments since they went last time. Right now she gets Wednesday night and Thursday. And every other Friday and Saturday.

Dh wants her to drop down to state minimum for visitation (Wednesday afternoon and eowe) because ss is still struggling with routine and needs more stability.

She's now unemployed, has gotten evicted, isn't giving ss his medicine for his allergies, isn't following the treatment for ss's adhd(diet and routine), and is missing or showing up hours late for visitation. She keeps him out of preschool, doesn't make him do assignments on her time, and He also misses all extracurriculars on mom's time, even though She's co'ed to take him. She's also said she's about to get kicked out of her current living situation, and who knows where she'll go if that happens.

It's seems like a pretty cut and dry case, to me...Dh thinks we can get it changed to state guidelines without a lawyer. Idk if that will be possible. However, we hired a lawyer last time, and dh's ex signed over primary custody without it going to court. So he he may be right... What do you think? Do we have enough of a case ( this is all documented through calendars, emails from coaches and teachers, letters from doctors, etc.)
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peytonsmom6308
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:19 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm always afraid I'll fill out the wrong form or miss a line of something, I'd get a lawyer just to play it safe.
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:20 AM
4 moms liked this
I think you are a nut. Adhd isn't about routine or diet. It's.neurological.

You hippies.. don't bother quoting me with your adhd cure via diet, I dont care.

Bump so you can get Answers you actually want.
MomOf2LilGirls
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Here's a bump because I'm unsure..  *best of luck*

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Sure if you think she will put up a fight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Um. I wouldnt waste my money on an attorney. If you have dkne this befode you should be prepared
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I would feel better having a lawyer, but that could be my paranoia. I suppose your husband knows her better but what if he's wrong? Does your ss like being with his mother? 

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I never hired a lawyer for family court matters. My ex is a total putz though
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Didn't read enough to prove she shouldn't keep 50/50.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:26 AM
5 moms liked this

ADHD is very over diagnosed and for many kids, it is a lack of structure AND discipline.  Parents today want to make up excuses for their kids poor behavior.  I grew up in a time when this kind of behavior was never acceptable and all kids, regardless of their issues had to conform. Have you been in any classroom lately to see how much learning time these little brats take away from others? Their parents enable them to be like this and then grow up and wonder why they can't hold a freaking job.  I am sick of all the excuses.  I have been around a long time and know what I am talking about.  These kids did not have a chance to be the brats 40 yrs ago.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

I think you are a nut. Adhd isn't about routine or diet. It's.neurological.

You hippies.. don't bother quoting me with your adhd cure via diet, I dont care.

Bump so you can get Answers you actually want.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Never go without a lawyer
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured