Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

question for those who don't believe in God or a higher power

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:38 AM
  • 64 Replies
Not judging just wondering if you don't believe in God and a loved one gets really sick, what do you do? Do you feel positive thinking will heal the person or do you just accept it as part of life? What about pregnancy and child birth-is it just the work of science?
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:41 AM
2 moms liked this
Well if they get really sick I hope medicine will help...naturally.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:43 AM
3 moms liked this
When a loved on gets sick I take them (or have them go) to a doctor (or hospital). I do think positive thinking will help them, but not because a fictional person "god" will heal them. Pregnancy is the act of 2 people (one male and female) having sex, and child birth is the result of the pregnancy. No god was involoved in the making or birthing of my child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Bump
Punchyobuns
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

If someone gets sick I hope medicine will fix them but I know that everyone dies and that doesn't scare me. And I don't understand the rest of the question, but pregnancy happens when people have sex and a sperm fertilizes an egg. Well there are other ways but yeah, that's science, too.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:45 AM

This

Quoting Anonymous:

When a loved on gets sick I take them (or have them go) to a doctor (or hospital). I do think positive thinking will help them, but not because a fictional person "god" will heal them. Pregnancy is the act of 2 people (one male and female) having sex, and child birth is the result of the pregnancy. No god was involoved in the making or birthing of my child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

If they get sick I hope the doctors that went to school can heal them.

pregnancy and child birth isn't magical so i don't get why i would have to believe in a god...

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Hope.  Have faith in the treatment they're being given.

pregnancy is not the "work of science."  it's the work of nature.  you have faith that your body can do what it was naturally made to do.  if it can't you have faith in the people who can get you through it.

purple_panda
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Pretty much what she said.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:54 AM

There is Science and Medicine, which regardless of what Creationist say is purely the work of Evolution. There are also Natural medicines that can help ease and treat illnesses. 

As for pregnancy and child birth, our bodies are meant to create, carry, birth and feed our young. There is very little need for medical intervention (despite what so many women think) the low numbers of women who need medical intervention have it available, again, through evolution and the advancements in technology. 

GloryDaze
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM
2 moms liked this

This is how I feel about prayer and what I think when I hear someone say "I'll pray for you."

To answer your question: What about pregnancy and child birth-is it just the work of science? Pregnancy and childbirth is the work of intercourse...and medical science if there are fertility problems, and medical science if there are labor difficulties...absolutely. 

Too often, sadly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)