Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know what I always want to say to my anti vax friend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
She always posts the same meme. It says "if vaccines work so well. Why are you worried about my non-vaccinated kids?" Something like that.

I get it. But what she isn't thinking about is that some of us have infants who cannot be vaccinated. I would be terrified if I had an infant in Texas right now with the measles outbreak. Or if I had a child with a weakened immune system who could not get the vaccine.

Anyway I keep my opinions to myself because its dh's family but ugh!! She irks me
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:36 AM
3 moms liked this
I would want to say, "You're a dear friend, and I love spending time with you.....but leave your potentially toxic kids at home".

I have never seen a larger group of completely ignorant people.....anti-vaxers, and their ridiculous arguments for not vaccinating, none of which have ever been even remotely scientifically proven, make me want to punch a bitch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:37 AM
I wouldn't even care but she posts about it constantly and I'm in some of the same group. We get it. You don't vaccinate!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I would want to say, "You're a dear friend, and I love spending time with you.....but leave your potentially toxic kids at home".

I have never seen a larger group of completely ignorant people.....anti-vaxers, and their ridiculous arguments for not vaccinating, none of which have ever been even remotely scientifically proven, make me want to punch a bitch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Both my kids are allergic to the whooping cough vaccine. It pisses me off! I had to keep them home for a week last year because there was an outbreak
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't understand non-vaxing moms at all. Everything has risks. If your child needs a heart transplant, are you not going to give it to them because there's a miniscule chance that they might die under anesthesia? If your child wants to go hang out with their friends, are you not going to take them because there's the tiniest chance that you might get in a car accident on the way there? If your mother is on her death bed and wants to see her grandbaby one last time, are you not going to put your child on an airplane because it might crash?

It just seems that the good SO CLEARLY outweighs the risks that I don't understand why it's even a debate. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Both my kids are allergic to the whooping cough vaccine. It pisses me off! I had to keep them home for a week last year because there was an outbreak
Ginny410
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I felt the same way as you, until the 6mth Dtap almost killed my son, he was hospitalized, his O2SAT was in the 80's. Now, I do not vaccinate-an informed decision after YEARS of research. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't understand non-vaxing moms at all. Everything has risks. If your child needs a heart transplant, are you not going to give it to them because there's a miniscule chance that they might die under anesthesia? If your child wants to go hang out with their friends, are you not going to take them because there's the tiniest chance that you might get in a car accident on the way there? If your mother is on her death bed and wants to see her grandbaby one last time, are you not going to put your child on an airplane because it might crash?

It just seems that the good SO CLEARLY outweighs the risks that I don't understand why it's even a debate. 

sunrisekn
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Tell her "shhh, sometimes you talk too much" lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM
2 moms liked this
My daughter had a life threatening reaction to strawberries. It was terrible. I still let my youngest have strawberries... They are good for her.

My "friend" is a google doctor who researches biased websites. And she just never shuts up about it.

Quoting Ginny410:

I felt the same way as you, until the 6mth Dtap almost killed my son, he was hospitalized, his O2SAT was in the 80's. Now, I do not vaccinate-an informed decision after YEARS of research. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:07 AM

you wouldn't be 'terrified' if you were educated on health issues

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Because I don't read Internet fear propaganda? I am a nurse and I am continuing my education. In two years I will know more I'm sure my opinion can change. We are always evolving. But as of now I do believe the benefits outweigh the risks. Vaccine reactions are rare.

Quoting Anonymous:

you wouldn't be 'terrified' if you were educated on health issues

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)