Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I settle by myself because there are no more good men

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 116 Replies

I'm from PEnnsylvania. The drug problematic state. No one wants commitment, just sex sex sex and drugs drugs drugs. I have 2 kids. One from my high school sweetheart I;'ve been with on and off for 13 years. What broke us up was mostly my stubborness because of fear he'd cheat on someone more hot and later when we had our child he became irritable and more of a video game addict. Boo hoo I don't make a lot of money cause I'm not married. I'm 39 never been married and guys my age are either already married, divorced or paying child support and alimony. No one wants that drama. Oh well I'll close my rant saying at least I have my sons. I'll continue living my life as a happy spinster.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I had my second child froma married man and I was the one who broke it off because his wife would make our lives a living hell. I'll never be married but at least I have my kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:52 AM
2 moms liked this

Sometimes when I hear women say this, I wonder if they're just not a good woman and that's why they can't find a good man. 

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Don't give up.  You only need ONE.  There is one for you out there, if you truly want him.   It's harder when you are older, but not impossible. 

I wouldn't want drama either, but that needle in the haystack out there CAN be found.  All things are possible to he/she who believes...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Sometimes when I hear women say this, I wonder if they're just not a good woman and that's why they can't find a good man. 

I was a good woman. It can't be helped men decided to take advantage of me. Maybe they prefer bitchy women over nice and independent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM

We tend to attract what we put out there.  I was married to a wonderful man for 10 years then he died after a year of battling cancer.  I met a man three years later who was just as amazing and have been married to him for 8 years.  I have never dated anyone who I hate now and am friends with two ex boyfriends and their spouses.  Some just pick badly and continue the cycle. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM
3 moms liked this
You aren't much of a catch if you had a child with a married man.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I was a good woman. It can't be helped men decided to take advantage of me. Maybe they prefer bitchy women over nice and independent.

People can only take advantage if you let them.  You picked poorly and I am sure if you were honest and looked back at how the men were in the beginning you can see the signs you missed that they were not quality people. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:59 AM
4 moms liked this

There is nothing wrong with being single.

You can surround yourself with friends and family your entire life and focus on yourself, your kids, your career, volunteer work, enjoying nature and spending time doing hobbies you love and things you enjoy.

It's better to be single and never settle for a loser, than stuck with a loser for any amount of time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM
3 moms liked this

You deserved hell from the wife.  You created the situation you are in because of poor choices and not being a good person.  You get what you put out into the world. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I had my second child froma married man and I was the one who broke it off because his wife would make our lives a living hell. I'll never be married but at least I have my kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

We tend to attract what we put out there.  I was married to a wonderful man for 10 years then he died after a year of battling cancer.  I met a man three years later who was just as amazing and have been married to him for 8 years.  I have never dated anyone who I hate now and am friends with two ex boyfriends and their spouses.  Some just pick badly and continue the cycle. 

Yeah, but men just want to have sex with you because you're beautiful and attractive. And then move on to the next woman. Of course they'll want to get to know you and then want to go to bed with you. Can't put off sex whatsoever because they refuse to date someone they can't have sex with. I don't want aids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)