Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Its been 6 years what could you possibly want????

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:47 AM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this
3 days ago I get a friend request on facebook. Its my ex. He walked out on his infant daughter 6 years ago when he realized I didnt want to be with him (ive been with df since dd was 8 weeks). For the first 3 years he called on her birthday JUST to start a fight with me. Then he "lost" my number and fb messaged me when she was 4 and we fought. Then nothing for 2 years. Hes full of bullshit excuses always has been he moved out of state when dd was 8 months old and that was the last time he saw her. Its not possible for him to see her being that hes in a different state but he says he wants to get to know her hes asking for pictures he seems like maybe hes changed but I dont trust him. I dont feel he deserves pictures at this point. I have been texting him but Im so conflicted about so much at this point.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:49 AM
She doesnt know he even exists. My fiance has raised her supported her. Shes a daddys girl even as a baby she loved df and whenever her bio father came around she would cry. She started calling df daddy on her own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goatmom4
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:49 AM

do research find some of his realtives or somthing on websites check with people you trust      

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Ouch. All you can do is give him a chance. ONE more chance. My father was the same..except he got chance after chance..anytime he called. Up until i was 13. Honestly? It did more harm then good. It hurts. It would have hurt less if he were never there. But to know me and see me once a year? To not call in between? To be completely absent from 13 on? Was i not worthy of his pathetic love? Yea.. I sayONE more chance op. I hope he steps up.
lisabiron3
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I assume he doesn't pay child support?

.LoveMy2Girls
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Thats a hard situation to be in. Im in a similar one but its with my mother in law. And right now the way i feel i dont want to give her any more chances. Shes a friend of mine on facebook, but i have all my pictures blocked from her viewing them. I really dont have much advice, but how do you feel about giving him another chance???

Click_Queen
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I would block him

Click_Queen
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

How would that benefit her child in any way at this point? It would confuse the shit out of her and probably really upset her. Sounds ,Ike she's given him chance after chance already.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Ouch. All you can do is give him a chance. ONE more chance. My father was the same..except he got chance after chance..anytime he called. Up until i was 13. Honestly? It did more harm then good. It hurts. It would have hurt less if he were never there. But to know me and see me once a year? To not call in between? To be completely absent from 13 on? Was i not worthy of his pathetic love? Yea.. I sayONE more chance op. I hope he steps up.

Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:13 AM
No Ive filed but nothing ever came of it. Hes given me a total of $65 her entire life.

Quoting lisabiron3:

I assume he doesn't pay child support?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM
He's probably at the point where he wants a relationship with his daughter. That's up to you though.
Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Right now Ive been talking to him Im not sure if Ill eventually let him meet her or not though because I dont trust him to stay in her life and my daughter deserves more than a part time parent whos only around when its convenient for him she already has 2 parents (me and df) that love her and are always there for her.

Quoting .LoveMy2Girls:

Thats a hard situation to be in. Im in a similar one but its with my mother in law. And right now the way i feel i dont want to give her any more chances. Shes a friend of mine on facebook, but i have all my pictures blocked from her viewing them. I really dont have much advice, but how do you feel about giving him another chance???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN