Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how many chances does he get with ds?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I'll keep this short

Walked out when I was pregnant, started drugs

3 years later, sobered up- meet ds. Couple weeks later, I cut contact because he started drugs again... where he was drunk around ds, and taking ds to his dealers house to get his drugs.

4 years after that- claims he sobered up, wants to be there.... I let him see ds for a few hours, under my supervision. That was the last true contact between them, a week ago.

He wants ds for the weekend. Overnight. Since ds is older now, do I allow that? Or say no for many reasons? I don't feel comfortable letting him take him. Since he wanted to be a dad, hes only seen him for a day.

How long do I wait until I finally say, no, just go away or get an order for visitation.

I have full custody. Unmarried mother law or whatever

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Bump
seksen
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Hell no you dont let him take him!! He has proven himself wrong so many times why would you put your son in that position. Absolutely not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Bump
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I would be hesitant.  If it were me, I'd allow more short visits, supervised or whatever and maybe over some time an overnight could happen.  The track record of dad isn't that good.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:09 AM
His excuse is that I'm restricting what he can do with ds. With everyone else, he can get them and be on his way.... but facts are, they are in shitty living conditions with no adult who cares for the well-being of them. My son has a parent living with him, who cares.... and he's somehow making me feel bad for that. Like I'm the cause he won't spend time with ds

Quoting seksen:

Hell no you dont let him take him!! He has proven himself wrong so many times why would you put your son in that position. Absolutely not.
Karen_29
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:10 AM

If he wanted to see him it would be supervised only. No telling where he would take your son or what he would expose him to if he was taking him to his dealers house at 3! I would tell him if he wanted him over night or non supervised he had to get a court order.

seksen
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Do not fall for his manipulations.. He did this to himself. He needs to prove, not just say, that he is sober and living a good life. Your son sure doesn't deserve to be put through that environment. My sons dad use to pull the same shit on me. I refused to put my son in danger. Yes people change but he needs to prove it first.

Quoting Anonymous:

His excuse is that I'm restricting what he can do with ds. With everyone else, he can get them and be on his way.... but facts are, they are in shitty living conditions with no adult who cares for the well-being of them. My son has a parent living with him, who cares.... and he's somehow making me feel bad for that. Like I'm the cause he won't spend time with ds

Quoting seksen:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:12 AM
He hasn't taken the shorter visits I've offered. He wants to be able to just take ds. And I'll be honest, he drinks himself to a stupor every night and while I trust my son, I don't want him being the only clear minded individual there (esp since drinking is NOT a common in his lifestyle)..... but I know if I said that, he'll come back with, I'd never drink around him. Liar cuz he already did- during the very first/only visit

Quoting TurtleMomma82:

I would be hesitant.  If it were me, I'd allow more short visits, supervised or whatever and maybe over some time an overnight could happen.  The track record of dad isn't that good.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Are you sure you have full custody? And no, I wouldn't allow it.
La_Vie_en_R0se
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I would hav already done that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN