Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

CO-sleeping age

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM
  • 34 Replies
How old was your LO when you stopped co-sleeping? Do you think that there's a cut off age?
Does your child have his/her own room or is co-sleeping due to lack of space or for comfort?
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:12 AM

We have a long weaning process that starts at about 6 months old and goes until almost 4 years old. 

Laesmommy
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:12 AM
My daughter slept with me until a little over 2. She had her own bed but it was just easier for her to sleep with me. I was basically a single mom living at my parents so it was just easier.
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I have their bassinet in our room until they are about a year, then they get moved into the nursery, which is connected to our room, to their crib until they are about two, and then moved to their rooms. We never bedshare, as we don't find it to be safe and aren't willing to take the risks. We have their bassinet in our room for the first year so we can care for them immediatly and it decreases the odds of SIDS.

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:14 AM
My daughter always had her own room, yet she slept with us until she was 18 months or so. She still sleeps with us if she is not feeling well and she is 3.
nolo82
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but why is it so long?

Quoting Anonymous:

We have a long weaning process that starts at about 6 months old and goes until almost 4 years old. 

SandraJ088
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Almost 2½
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM
My son is four and stop sleeping in our bed on his own about a year ago
leakymommy2
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:16 AM

ydd has her own room, but still co sleeps. she is 14 mo old. its easier for me and dh bc she still night nurses. we will start night weaning soon. we are moving into our new house (YAY!!) in about a month and will start shortly after that.

meg0620
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:16 AM
My son is 15 months and still sleeps with us. We don't mind one bit.
ymom3
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Ds is 7 and still sleeps in the bed with us. He has his own room and his own bed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN