Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SNACKS!

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM
  • 42 Replies

I'm going grocery shopping today. I need ideas for the kids snacks for school.

I've been giving them granola/protien bars or cheez-its or applesauce. I'd like to go healthier and fresher.

Here's what I don't want:

-Something that has to be REALLY cold (every store I've been to since school started are out of ice packs and my ice packs are too big for their lunch boxes. They do have lunch boxes so it can be kept a little cold.)

- I'd rather not give something that needs a spoon/fork very often.

- Nothing strawberry (flavored or with real strawberries) can enter one of my son's class rooms because of a strawberry allergy (I guess they're afraid kids will share snack or something, I don't know, lol).

by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SandraJ088
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:22 AM
I make a high protein snack with dry oats, peanut butter, honey, flax seed and chocolate chips. My kids love them ..... ill give you the recipe if interested
VannaMae307
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:22 AM

mine eats apples. every single day, apples. sometimes he won't eat anything else for snack. no crackers, no oranges. no applesauce, just apples. I don't cut them for him, he just gets it out of the fridge, runs it under the water, and starts taking bites. Easiest snack ever, if you think yours would eat them 

christina0607
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM

cherry tomatoes. Grapes. Bananas. peaches. celery and carrot sticks. 

Something that a favorite in this house is grape nuts. 

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM

No one has mentioned no peanuts/peanut butter/nuts so, sure! I'll check twice before I make them,

Quoting SandraJ088:

I make a high protein snack with dry oats, peanut butter, honey, flax seed and chocolate chips. My kids love them ..... ill give you the recipe if interested

SandraJ088
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/
these are what I make.....but I don't put coconut in mine.....next time I will tho! Lol

Quoting SandraJ088:

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I'd have to cut and peel. Which would be fine...if they didn't turn brown, lol.

Quoting VannaMae307:

mine eats apples. every single day, apples. sometimes he won't eat anything else for snack. no crackers, no oranges. no applesauce, just apples. I don't cut them for him, he just gets it out of the fridge, runs it under the water, and starts taking bites. Easiest snack ever, if you think yours would eat them 

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM

String cheese is my kids' favorite. And clementines, because they are so easy to peel and have no seeds.

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I like my fruits and vegetables REALLY cold, lol. I can try and see if they'll eat it on the warm-ish side.

My oldest LOVES green pepper with ranch, but I can't keep the ranch cold enough until I find ice packs.

Quoting christina0607:

cherry tomatoes. Grapes. Bananas. peaches. celery and carrot sticks. 

Something that a favorite in this house is grape nuts. 

SandraJ088
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:27 AM
My DD also loves taking pretzel sticks with almond butter to dip them in or a gogurt
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Apples

Bananas

Carrot sticks

Cheese - I take cheese sticks and wrap a piece of turkey around them

Hummus and crackers

Pretzel sticks

Trail mix - make your own

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)