Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Living pay check to paycheck then losing your job is the worst.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
Basically I worked as a house keeper and my bf worked at Walgreens part time a while ago he got really sick and lost his job while recovering he's been taking care of our nine month old. I've been house cleaning for a family and cooking also grocery shopping I've been doing so for about a year and a half (I did my best while pregnant and they under stood). I made about 350 a week. We made it the only pa we were on was WIC and Medicaid for me and our son. Now the family has moved to CA to be closer to the grand mother who is passing away from cancer and I'm screwed. It was our only income. We don't know what we will feed our son the only thin Wic provides that he takes is the formula. I've always cooked for him but no money means no food and no cooking. Bills won't get paid on time and rent I have no clue how ill make it. My bf has been calling friends non stop looking for work and as have I. So far nothing has come.
I'm just venting. I've always worked as hard as I can I have 123 dollars in savings and that's not even enough to cover rent. I'm just freaking out and needed somewhere to vent.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imakehimscream
by He screams on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:33 AM
2 moms liked this
Try to apply for fs and cash assistance
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:33 AM

another reason not to reproduce without having atleast a high school diploma.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:36 AM
I have a highs school diploma and CNA certification. But guess what no one wants a nurse without experience.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I call bullshit

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a highs school diploma and CNA certification. But guess what no one wants a nurse without experience.

Quoting Anonymous:

kaejordan
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Im sorry to hear that. I too was liing from pay check to pay check and it sucked when i lost my job. you may need to apply for foodstamps which because you and your bf arent working can quailify and maybe even cash assistance through the welfare department. Depending on your state they may also cover childcare for you and give you a grant to go back to school. Many ppl dont want to go on welfare but if you need it its there to help. Also there should be other agencies that can help with your rent such as Community action and human services which is in all states. I use to work for them. They can help you with your lights and rent and also catholic charities. Just google them and do your research. Also you may want to call a help line. If your in Florida its 211. They can give you numbers to orghanizations to help you. Goodluck and i hope all gets better for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Your right I really don't want to be on any assistance. I don't even want to be on what I am now. I just hope I can find a job by the end of the month.

Quoting kaejordan:

Im sorry to hear that. I too was liing from pay check to pay check and it sucked when i lost my job. you may need to apply for foodstamps which because you and your bf arent working can quailify and maybe even cash assistance through the welfare department. Depending on your state they may also cover childcare for you and give you a grant to go back to school. Many ppl dont want to go on welfare but if you need it its there to help. Also there should be other agencies that can help with your rent such as Community action and human services which is in all states. I use to work for them. They can help you with your lights and rent and also catholic charities. Just google them and do your research. Also you may want to call a help line. If your in Florida its 211. They can give you numbers to orghanizations to help you. Goodluck and i hope all gets better for you.

nanasue31204
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I hear you, my husband was our only income because with 4 kids my income would go to a babysitter to raise them. He hurt his back about 3 months ago and a month ago it got so bad he can't work. He can't care for our kids, drive himself anywhere or even stand for more than 5 minutes so I can't work. He has disability through work but that takes forever to get set up. We are living on savings at the moment, paying the minimum bills and waiting for the procedure to fix his problem. It sucks but we will survive
deenakate
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I call bs too, they need CNA's, if you have a certification they will hire you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I call bullshit

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

kaejordan
by Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:45 AM

ppl shouldnt look down on others misfortune. Its life. Plus you didnt know if this woman has a high school diploma. What is a high school diploma these days. A high school diploma aint gonna get you a $20/hr job. To me its just a diploma into college if one chooses to go. A high school diploma equals minimum wage equals nothing you can survive off on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:46 AM

exactly. I have a friend who just got her certificate and she was hired within days of getting it

Quoting deenakate:

I call bs too, they need CNA's, if you have a certification they will hire you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I call bullshit

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)